Drinking Age?

NeptunesGoddess

So, they have no set legal drinking age in Mexico? Sorry, if I am misunderstanding your answer, but I would like to know for legal reasons. Obvisously, since I am asking the question, we would allow her to have a couple drinks throughout the course of the day, but only if it is legal.

We cruised in May and my 19 year old son was legal in Mexico. However on RCCL, he was only allowed beer and wine. No mixed drinks. Doesn't make sense to me. I feel good after two beers, but can drink several fu-fu drinks!! LOL

Yeah I never got the Beer/Wine legal at 19 thing either. I lived in Illinois briefly in my teens (back when state laws governed drinking ages) and you could drink/buy beer and wine at 19, but still had wait to be 21 for anything else. I would think on the cruises, where you can't walk around with a 5th of Jack Daniels, that the mixed drinks would actually be of lighter fare than beer and wine. When frequenting a few clubs here near home, my hubby always knows the ones that pour generously. If we are going to one that serves weak drinks, he always opts for beer. The point is...you can get just as liquored up (if that is your intention) on beer and wine and sometimes it takes less time.

Thanks again for the info. Hey you are almost at 100 posts! :)

We cruised in April and my 18 year old was able to purchase drinks everywhere but in US waters. Although RCI says only beer and wine, he pretty ordered what he wanted without a problem. He did not over indulge but could order drinks in all non US ports as well as on the ship in international waters.

Archived