Ft. Lauderdale North - Sheraton Suites $65

Pilot70D

I just booked our precruise hotel via Priceline for December 2nd. This property was an Embassy Suites when it was first built and it is a lovely hotel.

I attempted to book either a 3-star or 4-star hotel located in Priceline's downtown Ft. Lauderdale area but was unsuccessful. I enountered the same situatioin year before last before switching to the North Ft. Lauderdale area. There are two very nice hotels in this area which are usually available via Priceline. These two are the Ft. Lauderdale North Marriott and the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek. There also is a Renaissance Hotel in this area but it had several negative reviews posted by guests staying there.

Admittedly this Priceline area isn't appealing to everyone but for those who are looking for a sligtly less expensive alternative and have a car this solution will meet your needs. Drive time to Port Everglades is no more than 10-15 minutes during anything other than rush hour.

I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions over the years for both business ans pleasure. One tip though is to request a room on the front side of the property which is away from the railroad tracks. Take it from one who knows. :-)

Archived