Pricing Policy = Price drop.. Do I get a OBC?

Hi everyone,

I have a question.

I am cruising on celebrity on september 9th. to bermuda,

Originaly, i have paid $759 Can - A few days ago, the price just dropped at $549 !!!

This his a huge price drop.. $400 for the two of us. I wrote to celebrity but they answered to call my TA. I called my TA and ask for a Onboard Credit or Refund.. He said he never heard of that....

This is the first time it happens to me but i've read on this forum that usually you get a price ajustement or a OBC for the difference.

would someone have any advice for me ?

Thanks !

Note the category advertized is GTZ (means any inside cat) and i booked a GTY in cat 12 (lowest one)

Hi everyone,

I have a question.

I am cruising on celebrity on september 9th. to bermuda,

Originaly, i have paid $759 Can - A few days ago, the price just dropped at $549 !!!

This his a huge price drop.. $400 for the two of us. I wrote to celebrity but they answered to call my TA. I called my TA and ask for a Onboard Credit or Refund.. He said he never heard of that....

This is the first time it happens to me but i've read on this forum that usually you get a price ajustement or a OBC for the difference.

would someone have any advice for me ?

Thanks !

Note the category advertized is GTZ (means any inside cat) and i booked a GTY in cat 12 (lowest one)

Let me comment on your last line first. You are comparing apples to oranges. If you want to see if there was a price change you have to price a Cat. 12 GTY. You can't get a credit because the price dropped on something you didn't book.

Second, after you do compare the correct price with what you paid, ask, no TELL, your TA to call Celebrity. Your TA will have them compare prices (they do have to verify it) and then see what they will offer you whether it be a reduced price or an OBC. The TA should hope for an OBC as that won't affect their commission like a price reduction will.

Thanks for your answer jcanino,

Regarding the category I have Booked, GTY CAt 12 was the cheapiest category existing at the moment i Book.

Celebrity Added a NEW cagetory GTZ wich is equivalent to Garanty inside... As cat 12 is the cheapiest on the ship... on don't see how it could be different from mine... only different name for the CAT...

Anyway, i called celebrity today and they still told me that if i had reservation for a category 12, i should get a credit and just call the TA..

TA said again.. he never heard of such a thing....

I will make other phone calls tomorrow.

Bye !

Celebrity Added a NEW cagetory GTZ wich is equivalent to Garanty inside... As cat 12 is the cheapiest on the ship... on don't see how it could be different from mine... only different name for the CAT...

I understand your reasoning but let me give you another example on another cruise line. If you book a 4A on Carnival, you are booking the lowest inside beside what is known as a 1A which only holds two people and could be upper and lower berths (very few of these on the ships). They also have a category called IS, which is an Inside Guarantee. Booking an IS is usually cheaper than booking a 4A Guarantee to begin with. Although booking an IS gets you a minimum 4A, you cannot compare the two and you cannot get a refund or OBC if you book a 4A and an IS opens up at a lower price.

Tell your TA to try but don't hold your breath too long just in case.

Archived