Question about the Carnival Valor Balcony Staterooms?

cruzegirl

Question for those who have sailed on the Carnival Valor.... I have a quarantee for a category 8a balcony stateroom.... Is it big enough for 3? What are the sleeping arrangements? Originally we booked for 2 with 2 twin beds for a gal friend and myself... Now another friend would like to come along, which is fine but wondering about how the bed arrangements are? Upper available? Thanks.......

I was on the Glory in a balcony stateroom with three people and it was plenty big. I'm going to have the same cabin on the Valor in January with four people in it. I think it's doable especially since I only slept in my cabin.

I haven't been on the Valor, but I believe the Valor Cat. 8 cabins are comparable in size to the ones on the Spirit Class ships. The cabins themselves are large enough for 3 or 4, but not all of them have the drop down berths for extra passengers. You'll have to contact your TA or Carnival ASAP to make sure that you get one of the cabins with the extra berth(s). Your TA will probably also have to get all the passenger info and the payment for the 3rd passenger before they will process the request. I hope it works out for you.

Hi,

We booked a "Guaranteed Balcony" on the Carnival Valor ship for the October 15, 2006 Western Caribbean cruise and we're thrilled about it, however I was told by someone who cruise on valor before that some of the balcony staterooms have severly obstructed views and that they may stick people who chose "Guaranteed Balcony" staterooms in those obstructed rooms. Can anyone tell me if balconies are obstructed?

Thanks,

Don

Thanks for the info. folks..... We have changed our guarantee to an assigned cabin for the 3 of us... So we're all good....

Don,

Yes, some cabins are obstructed.... If you go to the Carnival.com site you can look up the design of the ship and then start seeing the rooms and you'll see some are obstructed.... Hope this helps....

Thanks, Cruzegirl... Unfortunately we haven't received our package from Carnival yet so we don't know our Cabin #. I suppose we'll have to wait until that time, unless I can call carnival beforehand and see if they have something assigned yet.

Thanks again.

Thanks, Cruzegirl... Unfortunately we haven't received our package from Carnival yet so we don't know our Cabin #. I suppose we'll have to wait until that time, unless I can call carnival beforehand and see if they have something assigned yet.

Thanks again.

You can also go to the Carnival website to see if you have been assigned a cabin yet, but remember, because you have a guarantee cabin, you can still be upgraded until the very last minute.

I'm not aware of any obstructed view balcony cabins on the Conquest/Glory/Valor/Liberty. There are some obstructed ocean view cabins (6B) at the front of decks 6, 7, 9, and 10.

The Spirit class ships have a bunch of obstructed view cabins (7A) just above the lifeboats and a bunch of severely obstructed ocean view cabins (5A) with frenc doors that open to the sides of lifeboats; maybe someone saw pictures of these and thought they were balcony cabins??

I'm not aware of any obstructed view balcony cabins on the Conquest/Glory/Valor/Liberty. There are some obstructed ocean view cabins (6B) at the front of decks 6, 7, 9, and 10.

The Spirit class ships have a bunch of obstructed view cabins (7A) just above the lifeboats and a bunch of severely obstructed ocean view cabins (5A) with frenc doors that open to the sides of lifeboats; maybe someone saw pictures of these and thought they were balcony cabins??

Like Virginiab pointed out the obstructed view balcony cabins are Cat 7A (which I don't see as a listed catagory for the Valor). If you have a guaranteed 8A, I really doubt you will have any obstruction whatsoever.

We had a balcony cabin for four on the Valor -- sorry I don't remember the cabin number (6 something). DH, me and 2 kids. It was do-able. With four in a cabin, you will definitely take advantage of the balcony. Good place to relax while others are sleeping and an enjoyable spot to escape when others in cabin are scrambling to get dressed to go somewhere.

Archived