Single cruise rate on QM2

aprildream

Is the room rate for solo cruiser 200% The web site for Cunard FAQ section state that they have "single friendly" rooms whatever that means.

I notice Crystal has 125% to 150% but they arent going when I need to go,transatlantic from England to USA in May 2007.

I have looked in the Cunard UK brochure,the version I have is "Cunard October 2006 to April 2008". According to the notes on page 182 The supplement for single occupancy of a double stateroom on QM2 is as follows:

Grades Q1-Q4 P1-P3 C1-C4 D1-D8

200% of double occupancy fare

Grades Q5-Q7 AA-A3 B1-B6

175% of double occupancy fare

As Karie confirms it does seem to change from time to time.

Hope this helps.

John

Also keep checking the offers on the uk site, they are changing all the time, the cruise we did in August offered single rooms for £250 for five nights, for the transatlantics they seem to add cabin or flight upgrades, or a few nights in a hotel at either side instead of discounts, depends how desperate they are, i have also seen some amazing offers on www dot cruise dot uk dot com, I have never actually booked with them but they do seem to get good offers from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

Aprildream,

I'm travelling single on QM2 Dreamer's Western Caribbean (Christmas) Cruise, and by booking early, using my charge card and travel service (with the same name as the charge card, hint, hint, "don't leave home without it"), I was upgraded to a B2 balcony stateroom! I even get $$$money back on my card as a reward. I agree with travel-to-go who suggested using an agent. They're experts in sniffing out and negotiating for the best possible deal for their clients. Hope this helps.

SS Norway, I hope to bump into you and your family on the Christmas cruise.

Archived