Superior VS. Deluxe suites on Oosterdam!

lucchese1

We will be sailing next May with a large group. We are mostly all booked in category SY and a few in Deluxe SB. The difference of almost 1800.00 per couple comes with all the obvious amenities, Neptune lounge, robes, laundry service, larger room etc. other that these items, for the larger expense is it worth it! What other things really make it worth that are not listed? Thanks in advance!

The amenities you listed, particularly the much larger cabin/verandah and the NL Concierge, make it worth it to us. There are intangibles also- the extra service, being almost assured of getting reservations and appointments you desire, special invitations, etc. These things may not be on any list of perks, but they are there.

The concierge is just about worth his or her weight in gold -- they make life so easy when on a cruise. And as Peaches said, the cabin size and nice veranda are great. Last summer on a family cruise we had three of these cabins next to one another and having the verandas open to one another made for a wonderful gathering place.

I especially love an early morning latte from the Neptune Lounge.

But...no matter what cabin you have, hope you have a very special cruise.

The suites are definitely the top of the line! The Neptune Lounge is wonderful, and as others have said the concierges are worth their weight in gold. In addition the room and the balcony are almost twice the size of the mini-suites. My dear Aunt Ruth at 93 would not cruise any other way. She loves it! Here is a page of pictures of the HAL Suites

But -- I honestly have to say that when we do not cruise with Aunt Ruth, we would never consider the huge extra expense of the suites. To be honest about it we are not in our room enough to take advantage of it, and there are lots of public lounges as nice as the Neptune Lounge.

It depends on what you are used to in life. If you think you deserve it, then treat yourself!

Whichever you pick, have a GREAT cruise!

The suite rooms are very nice, but the balconies are tiny compared to the VA aft balcony cabins.

Um, Nope...

Aft VA's are on the first 3 Vista's are anywhere from 9 feet deep on Decks 8 & 4 to 14 feet deep on Deck 5 and all are a bit less than 9 feet wide, but for these purposes, we'll round up: (81-126 sq feet, <9 feet of rail)

Side-facing Deluxe Suites are twice the width of a standard side facing stateroom at 18 feet wide, and the verandahs are nearly 7 feet deep (126 sq feet, 18 feet of rail) - and I won't even go into the massive outdoor space offered by all 10 aft-corner suites.

So at best, 6 out of 24 aft VA veranda's are the same size as a Deluxe Suite's veranda's...

Um, Nope...

Aft VA's are on the first 3 Vista's are anywhere from 9 feet deep on Decks 8 & 4 to 14 feet deep on Deck 5 and all are a bit less than 9 feet wide, but for these purposes, we'll round up: (81-126 sq feet, <9 feet of rail)

Side-facing Deluxe Suites are twice the width of a standard side facing stateroom at 18 feet wide, and the verandahs are nearly 7 feet deep (126 sq feet, 18 feet of rail) - and I won't even go into the massive outdoor space offered by all 10 aft-corner suites.

So at best, 6 out of 24 aft VA veranda's are the same size as a Deluxe Suite's veranda's...

in addition to what Brian said, I believe I read on here that Westerdam, Oosterdam, and Zuiderdam are going to have their sterns converted to resemble the Noordam at their next major drydock, so enjoy the large aft VA while you can! :D If you can afford the suite, go for it, the larger veranda, bathroom with separate shower, dressing area, perks etc are great, for me it would likely mean one vacation a year rather than two so I guess i'll suffer a VA for now :rolleyes:

Archived