Miami hotels

emen822

I switched hotels, I went to priceline and got the Hyatt Miami (downtown) for 100.00. Quoted price on line 259.00 so hopefully that will be better what do you think? ANy experience with that one?

MUCH BETTER!!! Trust me, you'll be better off. You are 5 minutes from the port and close to South Beach, Coconut Grove and Downtown attractions as well as places to go eat within walking distance!

Never stayed there but I live right down the street from the Hyatt and my college commencement ceremony was held their....it was nice in the areas we were in.

I switched hotels, I went to priceline and got the Hyatt Miami (downtown) for 100.00. Quoted price on line 259.00 so hopefully that will be better what do you think? ANy experience with that one?

Well that is the one I am trying to get!! But, I keep striking out at priceline.

Oops my mistake those hotels are in FLL, but the infor on transport is good. Also saw this posted on another board from a few years ago. Be sure to confirm it, but this is what they are saying.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=5891&

Rent a car from Thrifty or Alamo. Both companies will shuttle you from the Miami airport facility to the port of Miami when you drop off the car. The added bonus is the fact that in Florida, there are no drop off charges for rental cars. It applies to all car rentals as long as both the pickup and dropoff city are within the state. You may want to look around the net for various coupon codes, discounts etc.....

I happened to book a convertible in South Florida for $36/day after linking directly from Delta's website to Thrifty for a pre-cruise over Labor Day Weekend. (Economy cars were $24) In the end, just find a rate/car class you are comfortable with, and don't worry about a drop-off charge, because there will not be one!

Great info Patches, thanks!

I have been researching hotels in Miami trying to decide where I want to stay, first it was South Beach, but I have finally settled on the Downtown area near the Port and Bayside. So far there is 12 of us traveling so we will at least need 3 rooms, don't want to wait to late to reserve....Not cruising until August 07, is it too soon to book?

Any advice is much appreciated.

TIA

I have been researching hotels in Miami trying to decide where I want to stay, first it was South Beach, but I have finally settled on the Downtown area near the Port and Bayside. So far there is 12 of us traveling so we will at least need 3 rooms, don't want to wait to late to reserve....Not cruising until August 07, is it too soon to book?

TIA

I personally like to book my hotel as soon as possible. Once I book my hotel I just check the rates to see if they go up or down and if they go down I change my reservation for the new rate. Its never to early to book your hotel.

Most hotels in Miami have parking with either valet on premises at $12.00 per day or off primises for $8-10 a day.

My husband and I are flying into Miami three days before our cruise to look around the Miami area. What would be your advise on a hotel with parking? We will have a rental car. Also, is there any way to turn in rental at the pier?

Most hotels in Miami have parking with either valet on premises at $12.00 per day or off primises for $8-10 a day.

The Intercontinental is $29 daily, the Hyatt $23, Marriott Biscayne Bay $19, . Call the hotel directly to ascertain parking rates, they all vary quite a bit. :rolleyes:

I booked the Holiday Inn Port of Miami based on the price, and the location to Bayside Market Place(really want to try Bubba Gumps) Thanks again for all the helpful info.

I personally like to book my hotel as soon as possible. Once I book my hotel I just check the rates to see if they go up or down and if they go down I change my reservation for the new rate. Its never to early to book your hotel.

TIA

I booked the Intercontinental for next August through Cheapoair for $126+tax a night.

I have hold on the Radisson in Miami for our cruise on the Liberty of the Seas in Aug 07.

They have a package for 169.00 for breakfast and shuttle to Pier.

How is this hotel ?

I also have hold on the Embassy Suites airport Miami for the same time with 211.00 for sea aquarium and 169.00 cruise package free shuttle from airport and to aquarium and then to pier on Sat.

Both packages are for four.

Would love some feed back on these hotels.

I only have credit card hold and will wait to see if i get a better deal somewhere else.

Has anyone used Hotwire lately for downtown Miami hotels?

Which 3 star hotel did you get for downtown miami when you used hotwire?

I got intercontinental for a 4 star hotel for my precruise stay for 11/25 for around $94 plus taxes. I need 1 night post cruise for 12/3 and leaving early the next morning for my flight out. Just 2 women travelling alone, leaving hubbies at home and want a safe, nice hotel. Thanks for any info.

What kind of rates has anyone found for next Mar 07? I am going to need a room for the 31st and it is spring break as well as Palm Sunday weekend. Just wanting to check all options as I am going to try to book something this week. It's for our wedding night/precruise. I have checked several sites and it's curious how they vary so much.

anybody have any idea approx cab fare from airport to downtown?

Back in April we took a cab from the airport to the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown for, I believe, $27. The next morning we took a cab from the hotel to the port and I think that was between $13-$15. Prices don't include tips.

HI All,

We are about to checkout of the Hyatt REgency in Miami and I just wanted to say that despite some of the bad reviews, our stay was great. We got a room on th 18th floor. The room is clean, beautifully decorated. Within walking distance to different little stores including CVS and Walgreens. The staff was curteous we'd definitly stay here again. If you will recall I posted that we got the room on priceline for $70 a few weeks ago. Can't beat the price. The view was awesome. Century here we come!

:) sorry to hijacking the thread...but since we're on the subject of miami...has anyone ever eaten at The Knife at bayside? Sounds interesting and yummy!

There are two locations and the one in Bayside just opened recently. I've gone to the one in the Grove several times and its really good. Although I prefer Texas de Brazil in the Dolphin Mall.

intercontinental hotel miami on chopin. Buy through priceline I have done it two years and have gotten a 230.00 room (their dale) for 85.00 a night an have heard people getting it lower. You can watch the ships come in from your room window and the taxi is only 10.00 to the port. Also they do have a shuttle you just have to wiat with everyone else to get their.

I had no problems with the hotel, great prices ($77.00 on Priceline), free shuttle to the airport and port transfers and free continental breakfast. Only minor issue was the noise from the planes, but the rate, transfers and breakfast made up for this. As a note, when you arrive at the hotel and sign up for the port transfer, make sure they write down the number of travelers using the port transfer service. Family of 31 from Arizona had a minor issue, because the front desk only put down the room numbers and not the number of travelers, so this added to their port departure time and other airport pickups, but they made it to the pier in plenty of time. Since we arrived after 10:30pm, the only thing open was Bennigans, which is next door. Good food and quick friendly service.

Coming back from the western carib on the Valor on 12/31.....staying at the Intercontinental. Any suggestions for places to ring in 2007?

Go to Bayside to gather with the masses and see the fireworks display over Bay Biscayne in front of the Hard Rock. I watch the fireworks from my balcony.

We had an opportunity to stay at two hotels while cruising out of Miami. Pre-cruise we stayed at the Wyndham Grand Bay in Coconut Grove and loved it! It was very nice, rooms were clean and comfortable, within walking distance of beautiful downtown Coconut Grove AND - BONUS - there is a wonderful newer grocery store right across the street named Fresh Market with all sorts of cool gourmet items, wines, international beers, etc. That market makes me want to move there!

Post Cruise we stayed at the Essex House in South Beach for three days. We were initally booked at the Winterhaven, but they moved us to the Essex since our rooms were damaged in construction. No biggie. Just four blocks away. They sweetened the pot with an upgrade to a suite. We loved it! A very neat place, great staff, gave us free drink tickets too - and most importantly to any SoBe vacation, a FANTABULOUS location. Right in the heart of it all. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

I will do a full review later. Just wanted to post some info here. :)

Archived