Westerdam outside obstructed view

torybruno

I'm booking this cruise today for my parents 50th...and since its just me...I'm booking them an outside guarantee...or I can lock in an oceanview obstructed view, that seems to be midship. I'm leaning towards just taking chances and going with the guarantee...

Any last minute suggestions before I book?

Thanks!

You sound like you are doing your homework.

When booking a guarantee, manage your expectations. Assume you will get the worst location in the category.

More than likely, your parents will be upgraded.

In any event, your folks are going to have the time of their lives and this is a wonderful way for you to acknowledge the occasion for them.

I'm booking this cruise today for my parents 50th...and since its just me...I'm booking them an outside guarantee...or I can lock in an oceanview obstructed view, that seems to be midship. I'm leaning towards just taking chances and going with the guarantee...

Any last minute suggestions before I book?

Thanks!

I had an HH outside obstructed view cabin on the Westerdam and Oosterdam. You have a floor to ceiling double window, but the view is blocked by a lifeboat. In each case, I had a room where I was at the end of a lifeboat and I could stand at the window and had a limited view of outside. But on ports that required tending, the lifeboats where used and while the ship was in port, I had a full oceanview. You can't open the windows for fresh air.

The room is a very nice size. you have a small sofa,chair, and an adjustable table. There's also a frig and a desk, but the t.v takes too much of the spacing on the desk. Your restroom have a full tub also.

For me, the outside obstructed view rooms are a good deal because I travel solo. I also liked the fact that I had a room that was in the center of the deck.

If you know that your parents really want a full view, I would go with the guarantee oceanview, but if you parents really don't care about a view (and are like most people, spend the bulk of their time out of their cabins), go for the obstructed view.

I hope this helps.

Archived