Need a place to stay 1-28-07

volushia

You will have better luck getting Miami hotel info there....besides the mods will probably move this thread there soon anyway.....Click here for East Coast Depart. board.......

One thing you should know, the Super Bowl is in Miami on Feb. 4th, I think you will have a very hard time finding a hotel that isn't booked up already. Good luck! :)

You will have better luck getting Miami hotel info there....besides the mods will probably move this thread there soon anyway.....Click here for East Coast Depart. board.......

One thing you should know, the Super Bowl is in Miami on Feb. 4th, I think you will have a very hard time finding a hotel that isn't booked up already. Good luck! :)

It's a week later than the op will be there, I don't think there will be much of a problem. Starting Sunday will be a different story. As for where to stay? You aren't going to find anything cheap, but check priceline or something like that? We usually start with travelocity. I don't know why, but we feel more comfortable with them than some of the others.

NMNita

Yes, newmexicoNita is right. There are rooms available but the prices are VERY high IMHO. Checked Travelocity and the least expensive rooms for downtown Miami were $250. Not sure what area you are hoping to stay in, but I wouldn't waste any time before booking a room. Many people (including media) will be in Miami the weekend before Super Bowl. We are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on the 27th and many hotels are sold out and all others are charging high prices. We managed to book the same hotel we stayed at this past January but it cost us almost $50 more for the room.

Thank you for all your help...i just got a room at the Days Inn Civic/Medical Center...for $99.00 they will pick up from airport and deliver us to the port....:)

You certainly can't beat that and for one night, as long as it is clean you should be happy. I do hope there is a place to eat near the hotel/motel. that would be my only concern.

Enjoy your cruise.

NMNita

i give Holiday Inn port of Miami very high reveiws, It is a short taxi ride to the ship, it's right across the stree from Bayside Market, and that place is hopin till 2 in the morning, resturants, shopping, bars, live music.

The hotel is very nice, inexpensive and very helpful in all your needs.

REmember you are talking about the beginning of Super bowl Week plus high season and as far as it being a nice hotel, this is a matter of opinion. We stayed there last Dec before our granddaughter wedding. Yes, being close the the Bayside Market was awesome; other than that, I guess it depends on your view of nice. The rooms were clean, the service was as bad as any hotel we have ever stayed in, the food was not good and the staff with rare exception about as friendly as the as the crabby teacher I had in the 5th grade. My daughter tried to order just coffee and a sweet role for breakfast one morning and was told she had to order the buffet to get a roll. Of course that wasn't the case. We enjoyed visiting our friends by the pool, but it was one of the worst pools I have seen in a hotel. As for price: yes, it wasn't expenisive but I can imagine what it would be the week prior to super Bow. NMnita btw I am normally not very negative, but this isn't one of my favorite places as you can gather.

I stayed at the days inn civic center Miami

not a good experience. Both of us found the 2nd floor room unclean,( DW said she could see dirt image where someone wiped their face in the towel) broken door locks, broken lamp & shade. We had to wait for hours in the lobby for checkin. Plumbing wasn't working, room had little red ants everywhere. It was as if there had been a brawl in this room so much was damaged.

Management there basically ignored our concerns. oh yes, we had to wait forever for the shuttle (and the driver who reeked of booze) at the airport.

I know it sounds incredulous that all this and more could be wrong for a 1 night hotel stay, but I'm not making it up. I really was disappointed and expected more from Days Inn as I normally have found their properties very acceptable in the past.

Also there is nothing to do near this fleabag motel that I could see anyway, and we didn't feel safe walking anywhere that night.

They did come relatively fast to fix the shower. and if I remember correctly they fixed the safety lock on the door.

the shuttle to bayside was convenient (different driver fortunately)

on checkout I nearly lost it when they tried to charge me for a ton of long distance calls we didn't make. After an arguement, the clerk realized she had the phone calls from a different room not ours.

Oh yeah almost forgot, they didn't honour their money back gaurantee, or gvie us our aeroplan reward points.

this was about 2 years ago so maybe it's better run now, but my experience says don't count on it. Obviously I will NEVER stay there again.

you have been warned have a great trip!

Archived