What are your favorite (can't miss) activities or shows on board ship???

We will be on the freedom in oct. I have looked at the compass and there are so many things to do. What do you think are the best, can't miss activities to do or shows to see while on the ship? We have 2 girls, but they won't always be with us.

I can't wait to hear all the answers! Everyone has such good advice.

Thanks!

Dinner, running on the deck in the early morning, and the gym. That is my priority list. Bacause we use every port day for an active excursion (and our cruise only had one sea day) we really had very little time/energy left for any ship activiites. On our last cruise I did see one show (Beatlemania) and while it was very good, I had a hard time staying awake. I have heard that the ice show is good, but I was in bed at 9:30 that night. I don't know how people see all those shows unless they just sleep in and snooze at the pool all day. And that's fine...if that's what you want to do.:)

Our favorite, can't miss activities are also different from the "norm" (whatever that is). We love to get up early and watch the ship approach the port, we love to go up on deck late at night, after late seating dinner, to walk laps. We love to cruise for the ocean.

After a few cruises, you kind of get to know the shows and they are pretty much all the same, mediocre singing with some great dancers. The comedians all tell the same tired cruise ship jokes. We'll go if there is a magician, sometimes. We prefer a piano bar, or a quartet in the coffee bar (if they have one).

During the day, I've attended a few "classes". They tend to be at a very beginning level, so if it is a hobby that you already do, don't expect much. It's more fun if you go with a group than on your own, we once had a hoot at a napkin folding class. I keep swearing I'll go to a computer/photo class one of these days, those look to be very popular and well attended. Usually, during the day, we're too busy reading, or laying on a pool lounge and the thought of getting up and going somewhere seems like too much effort.

Steer clear of any self help classes at the salon or spa, it is a thinly disguised venue for pressuring you into buying expensive product.

Just don't try to do it all, it's a vacation, not a marathon.

Quest, Love and Marriage Game show, Majority Rules, Battle of the Sexes.

I could give or take the production shows. Not amazing, but they are okay if nothing else is going on. The Comedians and majic show are usually very good.

We Love the piano bar if the piano guy is fun....you can usually tell on the first night :) Same with the ship band. We have had some VERY good ship bands.

I would not make a special effort to see the Belly Flop, or Sexy Legs. Horse Racing was fun, but they pretty much did away with that :(

The Backstage tour (usually held on a sea day mid-afternoon) was VERY good and well worth the effort to be there.

A can't miss show-according to my fellow travelers (and one that I actually missed) is something called Six Brothers. Have heard from everybody that it is excellent. Their name didn't say to much and since they were before our late sitting dinner I just didn't make it up to the theater.

I'll be returning to Explorer in November and am hoping they will be booked so I can verify for myself:) .

My DH would say that pulling into port and recording that was his fav time. Sometimes he did it from the balcony and sometimes from the deserted upper decks.

In the ice show we saw, (AOS) which I think is great, they had a special guest that did the thing from the rope hanging from the ceiling where she would twist herself all up to the top and then roll down in all different ways. Really really awesome, Cirque Du Solei quality. I have always wondered if she travels around the ships or if that was a one time thing for RCI...

If you like pictures of yourself and family, go early to the formal nite dinners and get your pic snapped at all the different backrounds.

Lastley, my fav was nites at the english pub....ahhhh come on January!

Archived