Calling Curt ... Need Help oh Hubby's Suit

KLLund

Curt .. you never fail to amaze .. Now I really don't want to hurt you .. but tomorrow is the Hugo Boss SF day .. I will let you know how it goes :) I think those are gorgeous too !!!!!

Oh no...

You don't hurt me at all!

I think that Hugo Boss may work out great (also just see - start out with Hugo - Hugo Boss - Black Label; then if that doesn't work, ask them where the Boss - Hugo Boss - Red Label store is...)...

I think that it is going to work out REALLY well for you both...

Just make sure that everything is really "close to fitting" without a lot of tailoring off the rack...

But I think you may be on to something there...

I think it might be a great designer for him as far a general fit and drop, and also a little more "relaxed" and less "European fussy" for him.

I'm so excited for you!

Just let us know if that ends up working...

Just try the different suits and colors on, and you will "know" when it's the right one!

I'm pretty close to 100% that you're going to find something great for him...

Squee!:D

CJW

I was just reading an article on how double breasted suits are coming back. I love the fabric on that suit, and it's funny as it's very fashion forward but also very classic at the same time...

Now here are some guidelines for double breasted suits:

#1 They really look best on tall slim guys. (Think David Letterman, who made this a signature look for himself).

#2 They are actually a little more "formal" and "dressy" than a regular suit.

But, that one for example, could also be paired with jeans and a light turtleneck for a more casual look.

#3 Always keep the buttons buttoned, unless you are sitting down.

#4 He will have to try it on...

Once it is on him, then it's going to be either instant , so "not roight"; or it's going to be fantastic. There will be no middle ground on that, so you know it immediately.

I'm so glad to hear that you're learning, as he will never look and feel better, as when you find that "right" suit designer that "fits".

Thanks for the update!:D

CJW

:(

Curt,

I agree with (almost) all your points and I'm glad that KLLund is closer to finding the right suit for her DH.

However, I will take exception with one of your comments - (though it does not apply to KLLund's DH who is slim). My DH is built like Poppin Fresh - short and chubby - and he looks fantastic in double breasted suits. As you say, they are dressier looking and we make sure he buys one with peaked lapels. In them, he looks taller and thinner and more elegant. So, perhaps it's more about the individual man?

KLLund - Glad you found a good brand for your DH. Zegna is perfect for my guy and though he does have suits from other companies, the Zegna's are his favorites. My DH only wishes he could wear Hugo Boss, but alas, only the fragrance "fits" him! LOL!!!

Seems like you're having fun with this "mission". I'm glad you're enjoying the ride. :)

Looking forward to hearing about the final winning suit after all the others have been "auf'd from the runway". :D

Curt,I agree with (almost) all your points and I'm glad that KLLund is closer to finding the right suit for her DH. However, I will take exception with one of your comments - (though it does not apply to KLLund's DH who is slim). My DH is built like Poppin Fresh - short and chubby - and he looks fantastic in double breasted suits. As you say, they are dressier looking and we make sure he buys one with peaked lapels. In them, he looks taller and thinner and more elegant. So, perhaps it's more about the individual man? KLLund - Glad you found a good brand for your DH. Zegna is perfect for my guy and though he does have suits from other companies, the Zegna's are his favorites. My DH only wishes he could wear Hugo Boss, but alas, only the fragrance "fits" him! LOL!!! Seems like you're having fun with this "mission". I'm glad you're enjoying the ride. :)

Looking forward to hearing about the final winning suit after all the others have been "auf'd from the runway".

Jane110 and KLLund!

LOL! Jane 110!

Yes, doublebreasted TOTALLY depends on that specific man's "build"...

There are some (and I love how you say this) "poppinfresh" guys, who actually look great in double breasted suits, but it totally depends on that guy, and his build, and his "skeletal structure", and where he carries his "poppinfresh"!:D

I'm just giving general giudlines, as I can't tell anythng specifally for anyone, unless I'm seeing and shopping with them in person...

KLLund, so I think that Jane110 and I are almost equally excited to hear what happens with your "great suit search" for your Little Romance guy!

Did SF or Hugo Boss work out?

Let us know...

CJW

Ok .. The latest... we had a small family emergency in Calif ( that is one of the reasons I moved to Oregon ..if I am here they seem to be able to handle it if I am there it is my responsibility ) .. but I digress... so we didn't make it to Hugo Bass in SF.

We are now less than three weeks from the cruise .. and I don't see a way to make it to Seattle. I was told that Nordstroms carries that line too .. so now that I am back home I will go by there tomorrow and see if they have that suit or if they can get in in time. I do have the measurements .. thank you Saks (who said that that collection was not available to them).. so at least I am not doing a stab in the dark.

If all else fails .. we will go with happy hearts and know that we are on the track of it when we get back.

Ohhh I think one of you asked about the fit etc .. He did try on several Hugo Bass and they fit well .. needed small adjustments particularly in the sleeves .. but the style and/or fabric was not PERFECT ...

Don't blame me .. you guys created the me monster ... LOL

Ohhhhhh I almost forgot .. several of his friends suggested a Japanese or Chinese tailor while we are there .... he said .. check with Kathy she knows way more about this than I do she had done research .. Gotta love his spirit in this quest

Hey there!

Just hoping that your "small family emergency" is okay now...

Or going to be...

(Believe me, I take care of those things all the time)...

Here's the entire thing in my own personal perspective...

You are going on a cruise, it should be fun and non-stress in general...

Do not worry about clothes (Aie, Yie, Yie) so minor in the grand scheme of life!

If you find something (a good designer or suit) for him, then great, if you don't, then you'll find something later on...

God Bless you both, and just keep us updated on what's going on...

(You'll find a great suit, just in God's - The Universe's - timing - whenever that is meant to be...)

In the meantime, CJW and Jane 110 are around to give advice and experience...

CJW

Ok .. I forgot to mention .. while we were walking through the airport .. Have you ever been to the Portland Oregon airport ??? We happened to walk by the Norm Thompson shop and there was a gorgeous suede sports coat from Raffi in the window. So I made him go try it on... it was tooo small but the main Norm Thompson store is downtown so .. At least he will have something new to wear !!!!!!!

The family emergency is fine .. not to worry

And, you know ,I don't let much bother me .. a quest like this if more fun than it is serious to me. Clothes are not that big a deal ... I once spent a week in the med without my suitcase and had a blast shopping in the Turkish bazaars for $3 knock off designer shorts and tees !!!!! In fact someday I will tell you about buying underwear in a moslem country ..

So I am sooooooooo ready to head for the Orient and ... can we say Pearls and Silk ???????

Archived