Excursions

Disneycruiser#1

Ok, I have a migraine. I just read all I could about St. Thomas and St. John's and St. Martin.

For anyone who can help?

I read on the Princess website we can pre-book our excursions 60 days in advance. Since we just booked yesterday and are sailing 8/28/04 we can do do now.

Do these excursions fill up. We have always been the type that do our own thing in port but taking a taxi to the water taxi to St. John's and then a taxi to the beach and then all the way back. Maybe we should book an excursion thru the ship???

What about St. Martin. People love Orient Beach or don't. Any other good, quiet beach choices that save money but leave time to get a feel for the island. We do not care about drinking and are not taking off our clothes but to each their own (lol).

Not sure if we should pre-book, wait and go with the flow. I agree Sue this is one cruise where I want to relax and go with the flow and not be on a marathon like we usually are.................

Thanks!!!

If you haven't been to St Thomas before I would suggest going on the Paradise Point Skyride. Disney usually docks when it is at St Thomas so you can walk to this attraction and then get some great views and pictures of your ship as well as the other ships in port that day. You can also get a cold drink at their bar while you enjoy the view. Here is their web site.

http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

We only at St Martin once on a holiday cruise we took with my in-laws. We did a short excursion cruise to the French side of the island that also included a chance to swim or snorkel at a beach (I don't remember which one). I wasn't too impressed with St Martin.

Ships excursion can usually still be booked once you are on the ship. It depends on the cruise whether they will sell out or not. We have been on cruises where a number of excursions were cancelled for lack of people signing up.

There are a lot of private excursions available at many Caribbean ports that usually cost less and sometimes offer more than the ship tours. The only thing you want to do if you take a private tour is make sure you get back to the ship on time. You don't want it to sail without you.

Have a great next cruise.

I'd say do some good preliminary research and then pre-book what you are interested in. Then, continue your research. You can cancel 24-48 hours before (depending on the particular tour), so you have lots of time left to change your mind and to explore alternatives.

That said....These are both islands where you can get a lot done without using the ship's excursions.

Archived