Guaranteed stateroom

violett123

I was just wondering how long it usually takes to get your stateroom number? My husband an I have just booked on Noordam Feb 17.

I have a comfirmation number but no assigned room number.We booked

a belcony does the guaranteed status mean that's what we will get?

If you booked guarantee, you will get at least the minimum catagory you booked. It's possible that you will get a higher catagory. Most of the time, if you get upgraded, it's same but higher up on the ship. But occasionally people get a real good upgrade to a suite. Good luck getting upgraded!

The customary time-frame for cabin assignment is 1-2 weeks before sailing. Sometimes it's as far out as 3-4 weeks (unlikely), other times it's when you arrive at the pier (seldom).

You can go to HAL's website to "book shore excursions" or the Immigration page. When a cabin has been assigned the # will show up there.

Sometimes when you book a GTY when you get your room you wish you didn't know. :eek: LOL I have gotten great upgrades to the crappiest room on the ship.

I booked a balcony guarantee, my last cruise was ocean view, so having a balcony I'm just thrilled about! Of course if they find that they have to put me in the penthouse, well gee, I guess I'll just have to suffer through that.....

This is our second cruise. The first one was on Princess and now we are addicted. We had a inside stateroom and we didn't like not knowing if it was day or night so we had to have a belcony this time. I will patiently wait now for months and months and hope for an upgrade too. LOL

I was booked on the Zuiderdam Alaska July 8-15/06 sailing. I booked the cruise in January/06 as a guarantee (MM inside). I checked the immigration form every couple of weeks and then when the sailing date was closer, checked everyday. When it was 1 week before sailing, I called HAL and was told no cabin yet. Finally on the day before sailing, I called HAL at 6:30 p.m. and was finally told my cabin nuimber (outside D - cabin 1020). It was nice going from inside to outside. Too bad I wasn't upgraded to a balcony. It has happened to me once before, but on Princess. This is the third time booking a guarantee (2 with NCL and 1 with HAL).

Archived