How far is the Hermitage

Presuming that everyone docks in the same place (we were on Constellation last year and the Voyager was docked behind us) the Hermitage is probably a 20 minute car ride away. It's a bit hard to say because we didn't go directly there from the ship (we toured with Red October) but judging by our various trips around town, I think that's a good estimate.

Have a great cruise!

Joanie

Msiowa,

I was under the impression that because the Radisson Voyager was a smaller ship they were able to go up the Neva River and get closer into the city. Is it possible that you saw the Voyager of the Seas and not the Seven Seas Voyager?

Kim

When we docked in May, we did go up the Neva a bit and the Grand Princess was docked right next to us. Each ship had its own customs building, welcoming band and tour busses, RO vans etc. Even though we went up the Neva, it still was a way from the city. St. Petersburg is pretty good sized and no one lives in houses. Every resident in the city is an apartment/condo. When you go to Peterhoff you get to see the dacha's which I thought would be little vacation homes. Wrong, think Aspen Vail type properties for the most part. Our guide was telling us that most of them have built in pools, even the ones that looked like they needed a little TLC.

Archived