conquest vs spirit class I need help!

ccamp

I am going on a cruise for my 10th anniversary and the kids are not invited. I have been on the Destiny and 5 fantasy class cruises. I am looking at the Glory, Miracle or the Pride. I like all the itineraries so it comes down to ship. Which do you experienced cruisers like best and why? I am also thinking a balcony are they the same on all ship types?

Thanks

Carroll

Carroll - While Destiny is in a class all its own as far as layout goes, you will find the Conquest-class (Glory) to be similar - just bigger, with more cabins, extra food stations, specialty restaurant, etc. I liked both Conquest-class and Spirit-class (Legend); each has its pluses and minuses. The balcony cabins on each are very similar. Because the galley on Conquest-class ships is midships, you cannot walk from one end of the ship to the other on decks 3 and 4; on Spirit-class ships, the galley is below the dining room, so you don't have any split decks. I liked the Promenade deck seating area on Legend better; there was more room and more comfortable seating. I thought the Lido deck on Legend was more crowded, than Conquest (or Victory, for that matter), though. Since there is only one dining room on Legend, you end up with either 5:45 or 8:00 dinner, neither of which is my preference; I like 6:15 seating, which Conquest offers. I would sail either class again very happily. Hope this helps a little!

I am going on a cruise for my 10th anniversary and the kids are not invited. I have been on the Destiny and 5 fantasy class cruises. I am looking at the Glory, Miracle or the Pride. I like all the itineraries so it comes down to ship. Which do you experienced cruisers like best and why? I am also thinking a balcony are they the same on all ship types?

Thanks

Carroll

I like the bigger ships, Wendy didnt like the size of the Valor, the Spirit Class ship seem to be the best in crowd size. The Spirit class ship is alot easier to navigate around also. I would pick the Miracle because I like the ports she goes too.

Fred

If this is your first Vacation as a couple in a while (and I know I'm gonna get flamed for suggesting this on the Carnival Board) try Celebrity. Carnival and RCCL are great family vacations, but our favorite Cruise (with or withour kids) was on Celebrity's Century. I suggest this as we did this cruise right around our 10th anniversary. Hoping to do Millenium for 15.

This is a toughie... people are equally passionate about both, many people that love one class, don't like the other. I found the Spirit class to be WAY more laidback (at least on the Miracle), and I'm just not a laidback type of person... I preferred the Conquest class, then again, you may love one and not the other. Depends on you, what you like, your idea of vacation, etc. My favorite class is the Fantasy class...

Thanks

Carroll

nybumpkin did a really good comparison for the 2 class ships. Personally, I would choose a spirit class every cruise if it were offered.

Because it does not have the split decks, I never get lost on the spirit class. :p Also, if I need something from my cabin, I don't mind a quick walk to get it. But on the larger ships, I would have to want something really bad to take that (usually) long, confusing walk. I have never felt crowded on any of my cruises, so that's a wash.

Have a great time:)

Sheila<------------went "bigger" this time for the itinerary (Liberty, 2007)

If this is your first Vacation as a couple in a while (and I know I'm gonna get flamed for suggesting this on the Carnival Board) try Celebrity. Carnival and RCCL are great family vacations, but our favorite Cruise (with or withour kids) was on Celebrity's Century. I suggest this as we did this cruise right around our 10th anniversary. Hoping to do Millenium for 15.

My opinion on this reply:

If you are considering sailing other than Carnival, having been on the Celebrity Century twice (and other Celebrity ships, as well as ships on most of the other cruise lines) I would choose Princess over Celebrity in a heartbeat, expecially for a trip without kids. On Princess you are guaranteed a table for two at the time of your choosing and the food and service is comparable, regardless of what everyone says--Celebrity used to be a whole lot better than what it is now. Entertainment on Princes has many more options and pricing is better.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not knocking Carnival at all--we are booked on the Legend in January in the perfect cabin with a great itinerary. If we can just get our table for two we will be very happy cruisers.

Judy

If you are considering sailing other than Carnival, having been on the Celebrity Century twice (and other Celebrity ships, as well as ships on most of the other cruise lines) I would choose Princess over Celebrity in a heartbeat, expecially for a trip without kids. On Princess you are guaranteed a table for two at the time of your choosing and the food and service is comparable, regardless of what everyone says--Celebrity used to be a whole lot better than what it is now. Entertainment on Princes has many more options and pricing is better.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not knocking Carnival at all--we are booked on the Legend in January in the perfect cabin with a great itinerary. If we can just get our table for two we will be very happy cruisers.

Judy

Wasn't knocking CCL either. Haven't tried Princess - sorry to hear RCCL might be messing up X.

Judy

Quick note on Tables for two. We looked forward to this on our last NCL cruise and found - after spending the day together - we didn't have enough to talk about - so we ended up talking about the kids and home . Much preffer a table of 6 or 8 with like couples so we can hear about their day and share ours. This actually was one of our favorite parts of the Century cruise. Lobster night at the captain's table was a bonus!

We are very laid back people and love the Spirit class ships. We have sailed on the Spirit (Alaska) and the Pride (Mexican Riveria) in the past 14 months and are headed out on the Miracle in October.

We have also sailed on the Conquest and found that (to us) it did not offer enough extra amenities for the extra people and extra walking.

I have not sailed on a Conquest class ship, but I have sailed on both the Pride and the Miracle. Loved both of them!

The Pride had livelier nightlife than the Miracle. Miracle seems to be a quieter ship in terms of nightlife. Not to say that we didn't have a ton of fun on the Miracle ~ we did! There were fun parties up on Lido several nights, and we made our own fun. Just not a real "hoppin" bar scene if that's important to you.

I enjoyed both itineraries, but if I had to choose a favorite, I liked the ports we visited on the Miracle best. Depending on the time of year you sail, the sea days on the Pride can be a bit chilly (we sailed end of March 2004). But, the Mexican Riviera ports were all great weather, as were the Caribbean ports.

Good luck! :)

The beauty of this decision is that you win no matter what your choice!

I've been on the Valor and the Miracle and had a great time on both. I recently sailed on the Caribbean Princess and would suggest that you also consider the Princess line for travel without kids (my kids prefer Carnival).

Archived