non-potty-trained on RCI?

LoveMyBabies

We are sailing on Freedom next month and I was wondering if any of you know if the H20 Zone is off-limits to babes in diapers? I know all the pools are, but this looks more like a fountain/water park with no standing water, so I am hoping it is geared toward babies.

Any info would be appreciated. I am hoping the baby has more places to splash around than just in port!

We are sailing on Freedom next month and I was wondering if any of you know if the H20 Zone is off-limits to babes in diapers? I know all the pools are, but this looks more like a fountain/water park with no standing water, so I am hoping it is geared toward babies.

Any info would be appreciated. I am hoping the baby has more places to splash around than just in port!

Hi

We are sailing the 24th on the Freedom, and I have the same concern as you. As far as I know they aren't technically allowed, but being that this is a new ship more geared for family's and children, making it sort of in a class on its own.

Don't other RC ships have a Kiddie or Baby pool in an OA Area???? I'm not sure, I know that carnival does. I am only hoping it will be OK.

Don't other RC ships have a Kiddie or Baby pool in an OA Area???? I'm not sure, I know that carnival does. I am only hoping it will be OK.

Sorry, no RCCL ships have any pools that allow non-potty trained kids in them.

Hi

We are sailing the 24th on the Freedom, and I have the same concern as you. As far as I know they aren't technically allowed, but being that this is a new ship more geared for family's and children, making it sort of in a class on its own.

I think you answered your own question when you acknowledged that "they aren't technically allowed" (although I don't know where "technically" fits into it). So, no, it isn't okay. Diapers AND swim diapers are NOT allowed. It's unfortunate there isn't an area provided for such, but that's the way it is.

Yes, I agree with the others. We are going on FOS in April and my daughter is currently 2, will be turning 3 just days before the cruise. I am hoping to have her totally pt'd by April.

The crew does ask parents with kids in swim diapers to leave the H2O Zone. I know it looks like an area that can totally drain, but from what I understand, they don't use chlorine in the water. So if there was an accident, even in a swim diaper, there would be nothing to combat the bacteria.

And I also agree 100% that RCCL SHOULD have a toddler and infant water area. They built the biggest ship on the seas...they couldn't add a 5 ft wide toddler water spray like Disney Magic has? :rolleyes:

Come on RCCL, get with the program. Parents WANT to have a toddler play area. Why build a family ship without one? If Disney can do it, then so can RCCL. But no, they build a whole area for a boxing ring that rarely gets used. What a waste!

Sorry, that is my rant for the day. :o

Navigator of the seas had a big blow up pool on deck for all the little ones. It was being used every day. In the evenings it was emptied out and stacked along side all of the deck chairs.

Yeah but I am assuming that a parent was the one who brought it. RCCL does not provide inflatable pools. But us parents on CC always recommend bringing one. :)

And I also agree 100% that RCCL SHOULD have a toddler and infant water area. They built the biggest ship on the seas...they couldn't add a 5 ft wide toddler water spray like Disney Magic has? :rolleyes:

Come on RCCL, get with the program. Parents WANT to have a toddler play area. Why build a family ship without one? If Disney can do it, then so can RCCL. But no, they build a whole area for a boxing ring that rarely gets used. What a waste!

Have to agree with Michele on that one. This is a family reunion cruise for me, so I didn't pick the cruise line, but they certainly don't seem very baby-friendly to me. :( Really disappointing.

Have to agree with Michele on that one. This is a family reunion cruise for me, so I didn't pick the cruise line, but they certainly don't seem very baby-friendly to me. :( Really disappointing.

I don't know if I have the guts to bring my own blow up pool...or to sit poolside blowing it up! Besides, the baby only needs 10 or 15 miunutes of splashing around and then we would be all done.

I think they don't mention it because they don't want people to BANK on the fact it will be available. I also think it is to discourage 10 small blow up pools all over the limited deck space. That being said if I had a toddler I would definately bring one. I love to watch the little ones. Most families seem open to sharing theirs with others who did not think of bringing one. I think if you tip the deck staff they will empty it and stack it with the chairs and set it up the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Freedom and it does say no swim diapers in the H2O Zone, but there were MANY babies and toddlers in the pool! My dd is 20 months old and very regular, so I just worked around her schedule. She had a blast! I talked to a counselor at the Aqua Tots class and she said that there will eventually be a toddler's only area in the H2O Zone. You can see where it is, it has a flamingo fountain in it and it is sectioned off from the rest of the play area. Go have some fun!!

Archived