dining

ronnarel

Going on the Destiny SOON and have a couple of questions. How is the dinner handled that first day since it doesn't leave till 10:00 is it open seating? Also the flight is pretty long going over and we will probably get pretty hungry. Since the airlines charge for meals now( a pet peeve )What if anything do you take to eat since there are all the restrictions.

Not real important subjects but just curious.

Seating in the dining rooms is assigned for dinner, not open seating. The alternate dining areas are open seating.

Every cruise we have been on they have a buffet available not long after boarding begins.

You can almost always find something to eat on the ship.

The first night on Destiny they actually assigned a dining time based on when you checked in. We were one of the first so we got early seating even though the rest of the week we had our regular late seating. And YES that first night it was open seating as most people were not at their regular seatings. It was also very casual as most people had not gotten their luggage yet.

As far as the regulations, my daughter just flew this weekend and they let her bagel on but not her yogurt. So stick with sandwich or something like that to bring on. As the other poster said though that when you get on board the buffet will be open for lunch.

Sue

When I sailed on the Destiny the first night Dining Room was open seating. I was given a large index type card when I checked in which stated a seating time and dining room for the first night only. Seating assignment for the rest of the week is on the Sign and Sail card which you also receive at check in.

I was given an early seating for that first night and the late seating i had requested for the remainder of my cruise.

The buffet will be open when you board the ship. As a matter of fact, I did not go to the Dining Room on that first night because I ate on the Lido Deck after I boarded and was not ready for a meal at the early seating time. You will find plenty of food as soon as you get on the ship.

Destiny is open seating the first night and just like most of the other people said, after that then you will be assigned to the table you will be at for the rest of the week. On our flight home, we sbought snacks like chips, crackers, and of course my usual bag of M&M's that is a must have for me when i fly, On the trip there, i bought the airlines $4 snack box and actually it was better than the snacks we brought, there is enough in the box to split between 2 people. I did see them dump alot of food and liquid at the security check in, Made me wonder why some people just don't understand that a bottle of sprite is a fluid and then they get irate when it is taken from them.

Have fun!!

Archived