Is Johnny Rockets for real on Explorer?

Just came off a great cruise on 8/25 Explorer. Ate at Johnny Rockets (with our coupons) and we along with other passengers felt the burgers and hot dogs (and mustard) were the EXACT same ones served at the Windjammer. We have eaten several times at a land based Johnny Rockets and the burgers on the on the ship definitely did not taste or look like JR burgers in our opinion. (The onion rings and Oreo sundae were great though and service was terrific). We thought it may be a racket for the cruise ship to charge $3.95 for the same dry burgers they were giving out for free. I wouldn't mind the charge for "authentic" food but is RCI pulling the wool over our eyes?

we just got back from Sovereign, and ate at Johnny Rockets. It is for real. I had the Nathan's hot dog, and I eat them at home all the time, so I was impressed. And it's worth it for the Fries, onion rings and oreo sundae. Plus you can do take out after that for free on the same ticket.

On the AOS the burgers were different then the ones served in the Windjammer. Much different. The Windjammer burgers where little hockey pucks, where as the JR burgers where thicker and juicier.

Maybe they ran out of JR burgers and were substituting on your cruise?

I can't say if the hamburgers are the "real deal" as I've never been to a land based JR- but the onion rings were excellent!!! I think I ate 3 bowls myself, the burgers were good (I didn't have one from WJ so I'm not sure if they are the same or not).

Less than 60 days and I'll inspect the goods again and verify their authenticity :D .

As the OP, we went towards the end of the cruise so maybe they did run out of burgers and hot dogs. The hot dog my husband had was not Nathan's- he eats Nathan's all the time (home and when out) and this did not look or taste the same.

we just got back from Sovereign, and ate at Johnny Rockets. It is for real. I had the Nathan's hot dog, and I eat them at home all the time, so I was impressed. And it's worth it for the Fries, onion rings and oreo sundae. Plus you can do take out after that for free on the same ticket.

We can sit and eat in JR for 1 hour, and still have burgers, dogs and chicken breasts to go? WOW!:eek: Didn't know they did Take-out!

What do you mean when you say "you can take out after that for free on the same ticket"? That you can bring food out of the restaurant the time that you dine, or that you can go back to the carryout window another time and get more food without paying?

Also, is there a full Johnny Rockets menu, or just burgers, fries, and onion rings?

Thanks for the info!

i never found the onion rings to be anything but totally greasy. The burgers were good one time but on Mariner last cruise the kids said they were dry and tasted terrible. They went with AO. What is this about take out from JR? can you do this without using the coupon or being charged?

i never found the onion rings to be anything but totally greasy. The burgers were good one time but on Mariner last cruise the kids said they were dry and tasted terrible. They went with AO. What is this about take out from JR? can you do this without using the coupon or being charged?

You will be charged the $3.95 per person if you use the take out and you are limited to the amount of food per person.

Archived