NCL Jewel?

crazidude1400

The Great Outdoors is an outdoor (most of it is covered, but no walls on the sides) "cafeteria" at the aft of the ship on Deck 12. They serve burgers dogs, salads, fries, some pasta, and a few other dishes. Great place to avoid the crowds in the buffet and a terrific view from the back of the ship!:)

Thanks for the info, LateCruiser! The Great Outdoors sounds "great"! You'll have to let us know how you like the Pearl! We won't be on her until next June to Alaska but will be anxiously awaiting pictures of this new ship. Thanks again!:)

:p

I hate getting off topic, I really do, but why do you have an oldschool anti-mac logo?

Yep, I really do. I was about to buy a mac, but then realized there was no value for the price. Before os 10 I didn't like macs, and after my recent trip to the apple store, I don't like them even more.

Sorry!:p

:p

Yep, I really do. I was about to buy a mac, but then realized there was no value for the price. Before os 10 I didn't like macs, and after my recent trip to the apple store, I don't like them even more.

Sorry!:p

That brings a tear to my eye, my friend. If there is anything I can do to convince you otherwise... oh nevermind, I guess this isn't the board to have this discussion.

Well, it is "my" thread...you can try to convice me.

A few brief things:

CTRL-ALT-DELETE makes a PC worth your money (actually apple has something similar CMND-ALT-DELETE, I've just never used it since I bought the Powerbook 2 years ago).

Wheres the Mac virus? (oh not there...)

The highest rated customer support of any computer company (according to Consumer Reports)

And finally.....

Having a system that won't be a Peice of Junk in 2 years like most PC's... where can you go wrong?

OK, don't want to anger Cecila, I'm done.

You have got to be kidding!

I think everyone here knows who the real looser is DUDE!

I was trying to figure out how to word those sentiments, but I could never match what you said. thanks

Anyhow, I now have a new member in my "ignore" file. Can you guess who?

lol

-Monte

I guess I'll have to try harder next time...

jk]

He joined my ignore list as well.

I try to let "ignored" people out every few months just to see if their attitude changes. Sometimes, it actually has, but I don't think this will be one of those cases. ;) In fact, this member might already be in my ignore file under a different name.

-Monte

I was trying to figure out how to word those sentiments, but I could never match what you said. thanks

Anyhow, I now have a new member in my "ignore" file. Can you guess who?

lol

-Monte

Monte:

Thank you for the kind words.

To get back to "The Great Outdoors"...

IMHO, it's the best place to eat breakfast in the morning. The breeze, the bubbles, the sun...

In the morning, there is a smaller breakfast buffet and one of those amazing espresso/cappucino machines. We skipped the main cafeteria area altogether.

Can't wait to eat my breakfast out there in January on the Pearl!

This might be off topic but we are talking (or supposed to be) about the Jewel... :o

would you recommend this ship for a honeymoon trip? or do you feel that the Medi itinerary is too port intensive?

IMO-what could be better for a honeymoon than being in all those cities AND on a cruise? The Jewel is a great ship.

-Monte

Never posted?

I used to have an account and i forgot the password so i had to start a new account! I'm just trying to give some info about the ship that I didnt like. Think before you speak NMita

I am thinking, I am thinking you have some reason for bashing the ship, have given no info yet, hate tipping period, and suddenly cause someone suggests you forgot your password you decide: yep, that is what happened. You refer to this as an account; account on what? When were you on the Jewel? Maybe I missed your review; maybe we all did. NMnita

I am thinking, I am thinking you have some reason for bashing the ship, have given no info yet, hate tipping period, and suddenly cause someone suggests you forgot your password you decide: yep, that is what happened. You refer to this as an account; account on what? When were you on the Jewel? Maybe I missed your review; maybe we all did. NMnita

Nita, have you noticed that they said this is the worst ship they've ever been on (and would never sail NCL again), and now they're asking for info about the crew??? ( I wish treads started by ignored authors wouldn't show up!)

Claims tipping is for losers and then says they like the old style of tipping???

Now what are those creatures that live under bridges sometimes called?

-Monte

I was basing it on my experience on the Norwegian Sea. It was a terrible experience so i decided that I wouldnt come back. But here I am yet again about to try norwegian again on the jewel:D .

And yes, I'll give you info on why I didn't like the Norwegian Sea:

(It's not in the norwegian fleet anymore so if you haven't heard about it it's ok.)

The kids weren't included in anything. My children had nothing to do. Everything that went on was 18 and older. The crew would always say to the kids: "go to the kids club or something" when my kids asked what they could do. Therefore the crew were jerks too. So anyways we took they're advice about going into the kids club, and guess what? No kids were there. It was an overall terrible experience. I would just think that Norwegian ships are the same after that. And I guess after reading the reviews I may be wrong.

I swear to god I hadn't looked at what that person had said before I said I lose my password. My username before was funkdude1002. I decided just to change one number so that it would be almost the same. Unfortunately I lost a good amount of posts, which I am not happy about.

I was basing it on my experience on the Norwegian Sea. It was a terrible experience so i decided that I wouldnt come back. But here I am yet again about to try norwegian again on the jewel:D .

So you decided to trash the Jewel based on your experience on the Sea? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's a different ship with a different crew. Why would you assume that the experience would be identical or similar?

Archived