Snorkeling?

spocruiser

We went on a very nice catamaran. The snorkeling was not great. There was not much to see, maybe a little coral and a couple of fish. We still had a nice time. They let me steer the cat for awhile. We also visited the bat cave.

• 1 month later...

Gizmo - I'm from Marietta (Howdy Neighbor)

We were tihnking of trying to do a sail/snorkel trip while in Martinique on the Sun Princess.

What else might you recommend if the snorkeling isn't that great.

I've been there twice - but it was a really long time ago.

We hired a local taxi for a tour the first time - went all around the island - the highlight being a rum distillery.

THe last time - I just went to the local market (near the cathedral) then back to the ship. I got tired of the rude, snippy locals.

Thanks,

Hi Seabum,

I have been to Martinque 3 times. First time we got a taxi and toured the island. We went to that Church/Cathedral with a great view.

On one cruise we took a "catamaran" to St. Pierre. Technically is was a catamaran, but sure didn't look like one. (No sails) It was a double decker and resembled a party boat. It was a ship's tour. One way by catamaran, the way back was by bus. Lousy tour. The benchs on the cat were terrible. It took forever to get there. We got on a cute little train in St. Pierre but the guy would not stop anywhere. We got dropped off at the volcano museum. It was ok in there. We then got rushed on a bus to go back to the ship.. Very, bad tour. It looks good on paper, but I would never recommend it. Anyone that wants to see St. Pierre, get a taxi for the day.

On one trip we did the snorkel excursion.

If I went back I would go to Pointe du Bout. It looks interesting. Here are 2 links but if you google you will probably find more info.

http://www.zananas-martinique.com/en-martinique-beaches/pointe-du-bout.htm

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/pointeduboutandlestrois-ilets/0339010001.html

How do you like all this cold weather ?

How do you like all this cold weather ?

I dont - Brrrrr !!

I'm off to Key West next week - then the cruise at the end of Nov/Early Dec.

As Mr Jimmy Buffett said "I gotta go where its warm"

Thanks for the links - I'll be sure and check them out.

Archived