Arriving in Auckland early

never2late

Any ideas as to what we can do in Auckland? -- Our flight arrives at 5:30 A.M. and I was told that the Princess transfers do not begin until about 10 A.M. (Is this true?) I thought I might cancel the transfers and take a cab -- it's only suppose to be about 18 miles to the pier. But what to do with our luggage and us until we can board the ship that afternoon? I hope this will be an opportunity to see a little bit of the city before the cruise. Any ideas.

Thank you.:)

Any ideas as to what we can do in Auckland? -- Our flight arrives at 5:30 A.M. and I was told that the Princess transfers do not begin until about 10 A.M. (Is this true?) I thought I might cancel the transfers and take a cab -- it's only suppose to be about 18 miles to the pier. But what to do with our luggage and us until we can board the ship that afternoon? I hope this will be an opportunity to see a little bit of the city before the cruise. Any ideas.

Thank you.:)

never2late,

Refer my post to you on the "Auckland NZ - Best Hotel?" thread.

Keep the transfer for at least you won't have to worry about your luggage or making it back to this ship on time. Aukland is a big place and it can be slow going at times. There are hotels that will offer you a day room, which can be another option. I would check to see if your cruise has a roll call and what those people are doing.

Charlie

I guess if you arrive before 9:00 A.M. and you have your transfers with Princess, you can select an excursion with Princess -- they take your luggage to the ship and you go on a 3 hour tour of the Auckland area for $24 -- has anyone done this and is it worthwhile?

Thanks for your input.

Archived