M/S Dalmacija or M/S Arion reviews and thoughts

Cruising Photographer

Hi,

My wife and I have done a few of the large ships and are thinking abut a 7 day cruise in Europe on a more intimate European line. I found some interesting information on the M/S Dalmacija in Croatia on-line, but hven't found any feedback from anyone who has actually cruised on this ship.

I would love to hear from anyone who has been on the ship and what they thought about the food, excursions, and other thoughts they may have.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi, we're also researching a cruise in the Adriatic Sea for next summer, along the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia. If you put Dalmajica in the search of this board, you'll come up with a thread that has comments about the ship; there's also a link to an earlier review of the ship that should help you a lot. We've almost decided on the Monet - the 14-night cruise for next July, if we can get the room we want.

I'll be interested in hearing more comments, as you have them.

Peggy

I know several people who have cruised aboard DALMACIJA. As long as you are aware that she is an old, basic ship it should be an enjoyable (and very authentic) experience. Here is a good review of her.

However, I am not sure if she will be in service in 2007.

ARION is actually her sister ship, but has been thoroughly renovated so she is much more modern.

As for MONET, she is a much more upscale (and expensive) product.

• 4 months later...

Hi - A friend of mine and I did a 14 day cruise to/from Venice in 11/05 on the Monet, a sweet little ship (60 pax) owned by Elegant Cruises. We loved the ship and the sights. Saw the Dalmijca and she looked a bit elderly. We got great rates from travltips (omittted 'e' is not an error). The Dalmijca's USA agency is Sterling Vacations. Do a google. Our all-inclusive (tours, wine/beer, etc) without air was about $3200 each. There were only 39 pax aboard and about half were from UK on a Noble-Caledonia package - their fares were nearly double ours. Spent multiple nights in Split and Dubrovnik and docked practically in the middle of the old walled cities. It was a fantastic trip. GO!!!!

• 8 months later...

Looking for Adriatic Cruise and land extension for July 2008. Anyone have any ideas - I was thinking of Arion if I can arrange land tour with it for a reasonable price. Thanks for any help or information on experiences with Arion

• 8 months later...
Looking for Adriatic Cruise and land extension for July 2008. Anyone have any ideas - I was thinking of Arion if I can arrange land tour with it for a reasonable price. Thanks for any help or information on experiences with Arion

Hello,

after you are back I would be interested to know more about your experience on ARION.

We have booked her for a Red Sea Cruise from Alexandria to Safaga in March 2009.

Therefore any comments would be very helpful.

I wish you a great time on your Adriatic cruise.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived