Has Anybody Done This?

Since I live about 10 minutes from Port Canaveral, and any given day there are 3-5 ships leaving, I was thinking of going to the terminal and offering the cruise lines (RCI, Carnival...) $150 for me and my friend (each) for a cabin to wherever they are going. We would prob. only do a 3-4 night to the bahamas. If we book during a non- peak time, and the ship isnt full at all, wouldnt it make sence for them to allow this to make SOMETHING off the cruise. Afterall we would drink and gamble and all.... I figure if they make 300 on a room which would be ordinarily 0, and another 300 on alcohol....why not? Anyone try this?

I have never done this, but depending on what ports will be visited, you will have to at least cover the expense of the port taxes. the cruiselines must pay the port taxes from the manifest to every port visited. Therefore you have to consider that in your zero cost the cruiselines would be making with that empty cabin!

I do not think you can even attempt it any more as all maifests of persons sailing have to be in at least three days before sailing now..I am 2 hours from port canaveral and even thou a short drive, going over a day early on thursday to stay at the radisson at the port..do you know anything about this hotel? the pool looks wonderful...

but to answer your question I do not think it can be done any more.. sorry

you should drive over one day and just ask to be able to give us an update if it is possible though..

If it's the Radisson on Satellite Beach...stay away. We stayed there last fall (post-hurricane damage) supposedly they had just finished renovations and it was terrible. The sofa in our suite had a huge hole in one cushion, the closet door fell off the first time I tried to open it and the AC did not work. We must have had to call them at least 6 times but they never did get it working. When I asked for a fan, they said they didn't have one. When I complained at check-out they offered to refund us $50! Now that was a joke as these rooms were not cheap! Finally after much letter-writing and telephoning, the finally took one night's charge off our credit card.

I guess its a different one....looks nice from the website, I'll check it out. All the hotels in the area are either new or newly renovated. The hurricanes a few years ago wiped them out basically. I'd venture to say its nice.

The radisson at the port in port canaveral was absolutely the best hotel I ever stayed in. We had the Jacuzzi Suite and it was like an apartment. We had a window view that over looked the port and could see the ships from the room.

Archived