What time can you get off ship in Venice?

Wirral

We are off on an Eastern Med cruise on Splendour of Seas at the end of October - 22nd. According to itinery we are due back in Venice at 7am. We have a 10:45am flight from Marco Polo. I am wondering about booking car to take us from and to the airport to save the problem of waiting in queues for a taxi. Question is what time should I book car for, to give me both time to get to Marco Polo to check in and to get off the ship.

I am travelling with my adult son and due to air restrictions do not plan on having too much luggage. Would be willing to take cases off ourselves if that would help. We will be on deck 7 if that makes any difference.

So many CCs seem to have all the answers which is great, so I am hoping that someone out there has the answer to this. Would appreciate any help. Many Thanks Pat

Pat

sorry can't help you but would also like an answer to the same question. We are doing the same trip and have a 12.10 flight from Marco Polo. From the few reviews I have seen talk about this it looks like we will make it in plenty of time, but so far no one has given much info.

Are you getting on or off the ship on the 22nd? If you are getting on, come and join us on our roll call.

Julie

We are off on an Eastern Med cruise on Splendour of Seas at the end of October - 22nd. According to itinery we are due back in Venice at 7am. We have a 10:45am flight from Marco Polo. I am wondering about booking car to take us from and to the airport to save the problem of waiting in queues for a taxi. Question is what time should I book car for, to give me both time to get to Marco Polo to check in and to get off the ship.

I am travelling with my adult son and due to air restrictions do not plan on having too much luggage. Would be willing to take cases off ourselves if that would help. We will be on deck 7 if that makes any difference.

So many CCs seem to have all the answers which is great, so I am hoping that someone out there has the answer to this. Would appreciate any help. Many Thanks Pat

Hi Pat

We did the Greek Isles & Turkey cruise on the Splendour in August and both the cruise itinerary and the ship were fantastic!

Have you thought of booking a Royal Caribbean airport transfer back to Marco Polo? It is probably more expensive than arranging your own car but if you have a transfer booked then you will be given disembarkation tickets for the correct time. You would then assemble when your luggage tag colour is called and leave the ship at the appropriate time to take a bus to the airport along with your luggage. Disembarkation started at about 7.30 am.

In any case you will be given coloured luggage tags which tie in with your flight time - e.g. 'red tags for independant travellers with flights before 12 noon', and be called in a rota to disembark. You have to put your bags outside your cabin door the night before so I don't think you would be allowed to take them off yourself.

If you prefer to book a car I couldn't say exactly what time you should book it for because that would obviously depend on what time you are called to get off the ship (sorry not to be able to help on this as we had an afternoon flight and did the tour to Padua then airport transfer on our arrival back in Venice, and I threw away the note with the luggage colours/times on it:o ). However, it is not a very long journey and perhaps somebody with direct experience could help you out on that bit. I would say though that Marco Polo is very busy for departures (or at least it was when we were there) as it is a small airport handling very large volumes of people, so you do need to allow plenty of time for checking in, especially if you are travelling on one of the budget airlines.

I hope this helps a bit - sorry it's rambled on. If you have any questions on the ports or ship please ask, I'll try & answer them if I can. In the meantime, have a wonderful cruise! I wish I was doing it all over again in October!:)

Heathermk57

Great to hear you enjoyed the ship so much, only 6 weeks to go until its our turn.

I have read a couple of reviews where people have mentioned a free shuttle bus from Piazzale Roma to the terminal building on embarkation day. Do you know anything about this? We are arriving in Venice on Saturday night and staying at the Courtyard Marriott near the airport. We are then planning on catching the bus to Piazzale Roma on Sunday am and then either using the shuttle or getting a taxi.

Thanks,

Julie

Heathermk57

Great to hear you enjoyed the ship so much, only 6 weeks to go until its our turn.

I have read a couple of reviews where people have mentioned a free shuttle bus from Piazzale Roma to the terminal building on embarkation day. Do you know anything about this? We are arriving in Venice on Saturday night and staying at the Courtyard Marriott near the airport. We are then planning on catching the bus to Piazzale Roma on Sunday am and then either using the shuttle or getting a taxi.

Thanks,

Julie

Hi Julie

We stayed for 2 nights in Venice before the cruise, which was lovely.

We heard about a shuttle bus as well but looked all around Piazzale Roma and couldn't find a specific Royal Caribbean one although there was a 'general' one which was free. Plenty of taxis around. Actually we walked from there to the port in the end as it wasn't that far & we like walking. Its about 10 - 15 minutes as I remember, just along a big 'flyover' type road and second on the left. Then you just follow the signs and look for the crowds! You can also see the ship from the top of the road as well - its fun sneaking the first peek!

Have a wonderful time!:)

Many thanks to all who have replied. How do I go about getting a RC airport transfer? Have not had any info about this as yet. I would be prepared to do it both ways if it would help.

Also so glad to hear you liked the ship. Have not travelled on RC before but on Celebrity twice and that was outstanding. I am aware RC not the same class and was not expecting it to be, but I have been a little worried about some of the comments on this site re ship and standard of it's food.

Thanks again to all you kind people it is much appreciated.

We got off Splendour last Sunday.We had a fantastic time.There is a free shuttle from Piazzale Roma.It actually has a sign for Costa Cruises but the driver takes anyone going to the docks.Once you are dropped off there is a RCI rep.just infront of you.Have a great time.

Archived