Just back from the Carnival Miracle Aug.27-Sept.3

Pleasan7

The partying up on deck was going on .. The children being on board is directly related to the time of year you choose to go. We had plenty of children all ages - that said the activities for them appear to be plentiful. I only noticed a group of teenagers once and little kids in the pools that they are allowed in. The adult pool was just adults and the wirpool in the gym was fairly empty everytime we looked. The slide was very popular with the young people.

Dressy dress the first night is good. I noticed a great deal of variety on the second formal.. I did not think generally as many people tried to go much more than fancy for church. Generally I plan to wear one of my comfortable dresses more than once - one year I used different tops. Accessories were my passion. Junk jewlry takes up a lot less room than fancy clothes. I did take Capri's 5 and tops about 8 so I could have a choice then just mixed and matched. I am older so they are nicer than shorts on me.

I do recommend taking a large enough carry on that it could be empty going and full comming home if your going shopping. I always liked Cozumel as a shopping destination. I do not do much shopping myself but I do recommend lots of ones and fives for taxi's, tips etc.

Have a great time!

Carol

I'm sailing to these same portsnext June. At last I heard, tendering was happening at alll the ports you mentioned but Costa Maya. Can a ship dock at Cozumel yet?

Randles

Chris the CD was really good, very funny and not afraid to make fun of himself as he did at the final show last night. Got off the ship this morning and I am so sad:( The ship was pretty quiet except for a large group that was on board that did alot of drinking and partying. There were very few children on board as it is September. The ship was very casual, on formal nights some people did really dress up and others were not. The only thing that was not allowed in the dining room on formal nights were shorts/capris. There were men in polo shirts and women in casual pants and tops and there were no problems. I believe the reason for the early nights on this ship is the early ports of call. We were up at 7am Tuesday thru Friday for the tours so we were more than ready for bed by 11pm One night we tried to go up to the bathrobe party and I thought if I take a little cat nap at 10 I would be fine. Next thing I know my alarm is going off and it is 7am... You will have a great time as it is a wonderful ship with good food, good entertainment and plenty of things to do.

We also got off the ship this AM. That group past poster talked about was obnoxious. Other than them coming to dinner and leaving dinner drunk. they stayed to themselves. Except on Sailaway when some of the bimbos flashed the coast guard and one took off her top and ran around the deck just below funnel. Topless for everyone to see. She finally put top back on after we went under Sky way bridge.

Ditto great food and service. Anyone who has a early flight do the SELF Assit and take off own luggage. Several people who were waiting to get off for 11AM flights were not off ship before 9AM today. We were told the Customs people made the rules. To let self assit off first. Then those with early flights then handicap got off. Was a real mess. Other than those minor issues. We had a great time and will go back again.

We also got off the ship this AM. That group past poster talked about was obnoxious. Other than them coming to dinner and leaving dinner drunk. they stayed to themselves. Except on Sailaway when some of the bimbos flashed the coast guard and one took off her top and ran around the deck just below funnel. Topless for everyone to see. She finally put top back on after we went under Sky way bridge.

Sadly, there always seems to be a bimbo in every crowd. To bad no one thought to shout out..."Hey if everyone has had it...no one wants it!!"

Do they have the "Carnival Legends" show on the Miracle? What night do they start the karaoke contest for the contestants for the "Legends Show" and is Garth Brooks one of the "stars"?

Thanks.

SB:)

they do have the legends show and garth is one of the characters....(DH was elvis & GF was gloria estefan on 8/20 cruise)

they start the contest on the second night I believe...though be warned the final performance is not kareoke....you will not have the screen & words there...they will also assign the song....garth was friend in low places (DH had to learn jailhouse rock and was quite stressed for several days trying to learn the song.) our sinatra guy Michael was outstanding!!!!

Archived