Colon Panama

madaamt

Hello everyone, Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do in colon?? I have read many post on different things but, noone has left a website or email address for anything.. any help at all would be appreciated. thanks oh by the way we will be in colon in november on the carnival liberty

One thing I would suggest NOT doing is going off on your own. Colon is a tough sailor town that doesn't lend itself to tourists wandering around. There is a small shopping area right at the dock but going much farther afield you will find a dirty third world enviroment that most cruisers are going to feel very uncomfortable in.

We did the ocean to ocean train trip when we were there on the Zenith a few years ago and enjoyed it. The cruise ship provided bus transportation to the train and the Panamanian government provided government troops with jeeps with 50 cal machine guns as well as police with automatic weapons to make sure the buses got to the train.

We also had the same type of support when we took the bus trip on the other coast and to visit the locks as well as when we returned to the cruise ship.

All and in all the only place I was less comfortable on a cruise was in Jamaica where they had guards with automatic weapons guarding everything.

Check out what the cruise ship is offering or check out this board for other suggestions.

Have a great next cruise and stay safe.

Hello everyone, Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do in colon?? I have read many post on different things but, noone has left a website or email address for anything.. any help at all would be appreciated. thanks oh by the way we will be in colon in november on the carnival liberty

We are taking the Liberty to Colon in April and I am anxious to do the coast to coast train trip. You will love the Liberty, all of the beds are king size and the food was exquisite. I would love to hear from you after your trip. Also, if you have any specific quistions about the liberty, just email me directly, we loved it. Kitty kittykkray@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused also. We are on the Liberty in January and it states we will be in Colon from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. When checking the Carnival website for shore excursions, the only thing that comes up is a golf excursion. Surely there are other shore excursions to take besides golf. Anyone else ever been on the Liberty and can tell us what there is to do in Colon???

I'm confused also. We are on the Liberty in January and it states we will be in Colon from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. When checking the Carnival website for shore excursions, the only thing that comes up is a golf excursion. Surely there are other shore excursions to take besides golf. Anyone else ever been on the Liberty and can tell us what there is to do in Colon???

Spoke with CCL Support last week, and they are still finalizing their contracts. Excursions should post within the next few weeks. If you go to the CCL website and don't register you trip, you will be able to view the shore excursions, without the pricing. CCL says they will all return to your itinerary once they have confirmed their pricing.

Archived