CAT BA Balcony o the Dream?

Mekamax

Trying to find the website with the details for each cabin - please tell me what it is... :confused: I've lost it and I just got this cabin and want to check it out. Anyone been on a BA cabin on the Dream? Any pictures or info would be great! :D I'm excited! Debbie

We've sailed twice on the Dream - both times in a BA cabin. Apart from the Owners Suites these are the only cabins with a balcony. In addition to the fridge you should get robes as a perk. Something we did enjoy was being able to order a hot breakfast - eggs, omelettes, bacon or sausage - in addition to the standard continental breakfast. Probably my only "complaint" is on the small bathroom with a small shower. Deck 8 is in close proximity to everything.

This site has decent pictures

http://ssnider.cruiseone.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.jsp?pg=4&mediatype=1&ITINERARY_ID=801|07||

Thank you!!! I have been looking at the cabin over and over since i pulled up your post last week. DO you know if you can get out onto the back deck from the balcony cabins? It looks like it on the deck plan - the back deck has stairs it seems. Is this right??? Thanks for all your help! Debbie

Thank you!!! I have been looking at the cabin over and over since i pulled up your post last week. DO you know if you can get out onto the back deck from the balcony cabins? It looks like it on the deck plan - the back deck has stairs it seems. Is this right??? Thanks for all your help! Debbie

You can get out the back and yes stairs are there. There have always been deck chairs on deck 8. A great place out of the sun to read and snooze at sea.

Last year we were in a BA cabin at the front of the starboard side (8203) - this had easy access to the open deck at the front of Deck 8 - great for viewing in Alaska.

This year we were in a BA cabin at the back, again on the starboard side (8268) - this had easy access to the open deck at the back of Deck 8. There are loungers there and steps up to the aft pool on Deck 9. The aft decks were never particulary busy, even although we had glorious weather.

If I was going on the Dream again I would choose a BA cabin at the back as this had external access and was closer to Terraces (our preferred restaurant) via the internal stairs.

Thank you - getting more and more excited. When I upgraded to the balcony the lady at NCL told me not to take the last balcony cabin as it is at least 30% obstructed - I see on the discription that it says 75% obstructed. Anyway that was why we didnt' take the last one. I want to peek in though if we get on before the others and check it out - seems weird that they would put a balcony where it is 75% obstructed?? Nice of her to point it out. Thank you for saying about the stairs too as they didn't look to match up on the layout and was wondering if you could get to the aft pool or not - glad to know you can. I have a feeling I'm going to like this ship better than the newer NCL Sun I was on before as I LOVE open deck space and smaller ships. Oh - I got port side because of which cabins to choose from - there were only 4 left. And I thought I messed up but hubby reminded me that for Houston it should work out great as that is the side the ships pass on in the ship channel - one passed us on the SUN so close it was really loud as we were in the dining at the time. But with the open deck two doors down we can go out there and see it all!! Thanks again!! :D :D Debbie

The obstruction is due to the diagonal panels on the edges of the balcony - difficult to explain but obvious if you have a close look at the first and last balconies on either side of the Dream (I had a major panic last year when I discovered that 8202 was partially obstructed from looking at photos - but not stated in the ship stats. Luckily we were able to change).

Archived