Last minute packing questions for first time cruiser

We leave tomorrow, and my DH and DS will be bringing along rental tux's. What's the best way to bring these on board? They're all bundled up in hanging bags. Should we just tag the bags and carry them on, or will that be too much of a chore, leaving us stuck lugging them around until we can drop them off in our cabins?

We also have a garment bag, which contains mine and my DD's gowns. Do people typically include garment bags in checked luggage? Will they stay hanging, or do we need to carry that on also? I've read about the large bins that are supplied for our bags, and I'm having panic attacks picturing our gowns lying at the bottom of one of them, covered with 300 lbs. of suitcases.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

If your garment bag is larger than what will pass through an airport scanner, then it is too large to carry onto the ship. We have checked our garment bag numerous times with no problem.

FYI, for the next time you cruise, and I'm sure you will, rent tuxes through the ship, they will be there in your closet when you arrive.

Have a great cruise!

Archived