Do they still have the chocolate buffet?

aspen36

I saw the words "chocolate buffet" in the thread listing and I couldn't move my mouse fast enough! An all chocolate buffet?? SHUT-UP! What kinds of treats are on it??? Someone please tell the the Pride has this!!! It just keeps getting better and better........:D

Actually, for some strange reason, Carnival only does Chocolate Buffets on Conquest Class ships... so unless they just changed their policy, there will not be one onboard the Triumph.

They also have them on Spirit class, and once on the Sensation they had one (although neither have the same GRAND chocolate buffet that the Conquest class ships have)

Actually, for some strange reason, Carnival only does Chocolate Buffets on Conquest Class ships... so unless they just changed their policy, there will not be one onboard the Triumph.

Not so...we were on the 8-19 sailing of the Triumph and had the Chocolate Buffet on the last sea day. It wasn't advertised in the capers though. We found out about it at dinner (the night before) from our head waiter.

HI! Would you please give us the link to all of your cruise pictures? You take the most beautiful pictures, and I would love to see more. Also, what type of camera and lense are you using?? I'm getting my first Digital SLR, a Cannon 30D, and I have been doing a lot of reading about photography.

We will be on the Spirit in December, and I have never had a chocolate buffet....... but I am sure ready to try one out!! I looked like one of my drooling Basset Hounds when I looked at Wennfred1's pictures!

Soon, VERY SOON.....

Peggy

Maybe it's up to whoever is in charge of the buffet because i was on the Conquest and they did have a chocolate buffet.

Just off the valor and they have the midnight gala buffet but not near as much sweets as on the Conquest, Inspiration and Destiny.

HI! Would you please give us the link to all of your cruise pictures? You take the most beautiful pictures, and I would love to see more. Also, what type of camera and lense are you using?? I'm getting my first Digital SLR, a Cannon 30D, and I have been doing a lot of reading about photography.

We will be on the Spirit in December, and I have never had a chocolate buffet....... but I am sure ready to try one out!! I looked like one of my drooling Basset Hounds when I looked at Wennfred1's pictures!

Soon, VERY SOON.....

Peggy

Hi Peggy, Im using a Canon 20D, It came with 2 Sigma Lens, its one of those Ebay packages that comes with everything.

Go to this San Diego Digital SLR Photo Group website to see some awesome pictures, later if you have questions on how to use or to take trick pictures you can ask there: http://www.sandiegodslr.com/index.php

These are some of the Links of some Pictures I do have, Note that the Showgirls pictures were takened on the Valor in total Darkness with hardly any light at all from the back of the theater:

Valor Showgirls

http://members.cox.net/wennfred5/Showgirls

Laundry

http://members.cox.net/wennfred1/Laundry

Updo Hair

http://members.cox.net/wennfred2/Hair.html

Chocolates

http://members.cox.net/wennfred1/Chocolate

Dolphins

http://members.cox.net/wennfred4/Dolphin

Misc Pic

http://members.cox.net/wennfred2/waiter

Costa Maya

http://members.cox.net/wennfred2/CostaMaya

Jean Safety

http://members.cox.net/wennfred4/Safety

I saw the words "chocolate buffet" in the thread listing and I couldn't move my mouse fast enough! An all chocolate buffet?? SHUT-UP! What kinds of treats are on it??? Someone please tell the the Pride has this!!! It just keeps getting better and better........:D

I think it was Thursday night that they put on the buffet in the main dining that reaches from here to there with the most exquisite carvings! Anyway the last table has chocolate galor. And it was good chocolate:D

I have closely examined a copy of the Valor Eastern Capers and have NOTED the chocolate buffet is at lunch time on last sea day.

Is is listed with the meal/times under "Taste of the Nations' for that day! It is NOT in the 'regular' section of the Capers!

Froufie

I think it was Thursday night that they put on the buffet in the main dining that reaches from here to there with the most exquisite carvings! Anyway the last table has chocolate galor. And it was good chocolate:D

the Gala buffet and the choc buffet are two different things entirely.

the choc buffet is usually served during lunch from 11:30 til 2:30 on the lido buffet. (usually on the last sea day)

Thanks for the San Diego SLR club link and thanks for sharing some more of your photos. According to the tracking number, my new camera should be delivered today and I can't wait! I have until 12-09-06 to sharpen my photography skills before our Spirit cruise to Acapulco.

Did you all say that the Spirit Class ships have the chocolate buffet on the last sea day? I have never experienced one, and am looking forward to it! I will be closely checking the Capers to make sure we don't miss it. We were on the Paradise 4-night last February, and as far as I know, they didn't have one or else we missed it. Cruising is the only time I allow myself to indulge in such decadance!!

Soon, very soon.......

Peggy

the Gala buffet and the choc buffet are two different things entirely.

the choc buffet is usually served during lunch from 11:30 til 2:30 on the lido buffet. (usually on the last sea day)

Thanks for straightening me out on that one...You will have to make sure to tell me on what day it takes place on the Destiny.

I totally missed it on the Pride:( Didn't even know about it. See you can learn something new every day:D

Thanks for straightening me out on that one...You will have to make sure to tell me on what day it takes place on the Destiny.

I totally missed it on the Pride:( Didn't even know about it. See you can learn something new every day:D

Ill let ya know after next week- although i have the capers from each month in the summer and not one time is is listed under the food stuff. (that is where you will find it)

Be careful because I think people are getting this confused. The chocolate buffet is at lunch time and is seperate from the Gala Midnight Buffet... now, last time I asked Carnival, they said only on the Conquest class of ships (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom).

Someone did mention they had it on the Triumph so it may have changed... however I know for sure there is no buffet on the Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle)... sorry to disappoint but there will still be some nice chocolate desserts at the Gala Midnight Buffet on the second formal night of the cruise.

Be careful because I think people are getting this confused. The chocolate buffet is at lunch time and is seperate from the Gala Midnight Buffet... now, last time I asked Carnival, they said only on the Conquest class of ships (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom).

Someone did mention they had it on the Triumph so it may have changed... however I know for sure there is no buffet on the Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle)... sorry to disappoint but there will still be some nice chocolate desserts at the Gala Midnight Buffet on the second formal night of the cruise.

I for one know the difference between the gala buffet and the chocolate buffet... there WAS INDEED one on the Miracle (spirit class ship)... as I said before, not as extensive as on the Valor, but there was indeed one there last February. You know better than to ask Carnival :p

Archived