Mellennium verandah or Freedom OTS interior?

Mr.Clean

New to this board. We plan our cruises way in advance, and all have been on RCCL. We (self, wife, 16 year old daughter) want to do Spring Break '08 cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. The only RCCL cruise that does Eastern Caribbean (from FLA) that week is Freedom. Balcony room is over $3500 :eek:and interior is over $2900 (for 3). Considered Carnival Valor ($2300 balcony) and the family threatened to leave me! :rolleyes: Can book Millennium room with verandah for that week for about $50 less than a Freedom OTS interior room. We went on Radiance OTS back in April, and fell in love with the balcony and all of the glass throughout the ship. The Mellennium looks suspiciously like the Radiance in many ways, but seems to be a bit more posh (a plus in my book). Some friends have warned me that Celebrity is for old people and that the night life is nill. I'm not a party animal, but we do like to dance pretty late some nights, or catch some live music. If there are any Celebrity cruisers out there that haven't gone to bed yet since its after 10 PM Eastern (just kidding folks) I'd like your advice.

Sovereign of the Seas 6/2002

Voyager of the Seas 4/2003

Mariner of the Seas 5/2004

Radiance of the Seas 4/2006

Sovereign of the Seas 1/29/07

Personally, I think FOS is way too big and has a very crowded feeling, so for me, even though I do like RCCI, Celebrity is a much better idea, because of the balcony. And, there is nightlife, but not like what you'd find on a Carnival ship. There's dancing every night in at least three venues. We stay up late just listening to the music.

My husband and I are going on Freedom of the Seas October 1st and have been on Infinity, Summit and Constellation, which are about the same as the Millie. We have also been on the Radiannce, two Voyager class and ond bucket of bolts RCI.

I'll let you know when I get back about the FOS, but I would tend to pick a balcony on any decent ship over an interior. I would also suggest you look at the newer Princess ships. They usually have really good deals on their mini-suites, which are fantastic.

Archived