Warning ! Hyatt Regency Tampa

FAB1

Hi! I have not posted on these boards before but I have been reading the posts and found the information extremely helpful. My husband and I are on the Zenith's first sailing out of Tampa on 11/03/06, celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We have pre cruise accomodation booked through X and have been allocated the Hyatt Regency. Just to warn anyone who has also booked or is thinking of booking this property, the local University currently has around 250 students "living" at this hotel as their new accomodation that is being built is not yet ready. They will be staying there for some months. I found this information by accident when searching the internet. There had been an article in the "Tampa Tribune". On calling X customer service in England they told me they knew nothing about it and were not prepared to move us to another hotel unless we paid another £134($240). We have decided to stay put as it is only for one night, and hope that the hotel is not too noisy/busy. For anyone who has not yet booked you may want to consider another hotel.

Welcome to the boards. We'll be on the same cruise! Please come over to the Roll Call and look for the Zenith 11/03/06 cruise. There are many of us on your cruise and we're making plans. We'd love for you to join us. Also, we sure to sign up for the Connections Party.

Welcome to the boards. We'll be on the same cruise! Please come over to the Roll Call and look for the Zenith 11/03/06 cruise. There are many of us on your cruise and we're making plans. We'd love for you to join us. Also, we sure to sign up for the Connections Party.

Thankyou charlielinda. I have been checking the Roll Call and have been thinking of signing up for the Connections Party, however, DH is a fairly quiet person and I am still trying to persuade him. If I cannot then I shall certainly look out for everybody on board on the day of the party. I understand you will wear some form of identification is that right ? I believe Tuggers suggested an elastic band round your left wrist ? Though I am sure I will get some strange looks if I start checking out peoples wrists !

Fab1 - I hope your hotel experience turns out to be better than anticipated. Hopefully the hotel has placed the students on floors that will not affect guests. If it was me, I would probably contact the hotel now and explain your concern and ask about being located well away from the students.

Just for future reference when booking hotels, my first stop is http://www.tripadvisor.com to check for customer feedback. I have been using this site for several years now when trying to decide on which hotel or B&B to stay in, and it's turned up some real treasures!

Enjoy your cruise !

Thankyou charlielinda. I have been checking the Roll Call and have been thinking of signing up for the Connections Party, however, DH is a fairly quiet person and I am still trying to persuade him. If I cannot then I shall certainly look out for everybody on board on the day of the party. I understand you will wear some form of identification is that right ? I believe Tuggers suggested an elastic band round your left wrist ? Though I am sure I will get some strange looks if I start checking out peoples wrists !

We are also on the same cruise. The party is very sedate - usually held during the day on a sea day with rolls and juices, coffee and tea. Even if you sign up, you are not obligated to attend. The party is not listed in the daily and invites only go out to those that have signed up.

We have met some very interesting people from the rollcalls.

Fab1 - I hope your hotel experience turns out to be better than anticipated. Hopefully the hotel has placed the students on floors that will not affect guests. If it was me, I would probably contact the hotel now and explain your concern and ask about being located well away from the students.

Just for future reference when booking hotels, my first stop is www.tripadvisor.com to check for customer feedback. I have been using this site for several years now when trying to decide on which hotel or B&B to stay in, and it's turned up some real treasures!

Enjoy your cruise !

Thankyou for your advice. I will ask the hotel for a quiet room. I also use Trip Advisor but as the hotel is included in the price by X we are not given a choice of hotel. I have checked this hotel on Trip Advisor but there are no recent reviews. The only way anyone would know about the students is if they chanced on the information like myself.

We are also on the same cruise. The party is very sedate - usually held during the day on a sea day with rolls and juices, coffee and tea. Even if you sign up, you are not obligated to attend. The party is not listed in the daily and invites only go out to those that have signed up.

We have met some very interesting people from the rollcalls.

Thankyou we probably will sign up, need to speak to DH first. This is our first cruise and I can't wait. Only 8 weeks to go !

Fab1 -- please come over to our roll call. We promise we won't tell your husband. You absolutely don't have to attend the party but if you sign up you'll get invited and then you can decided. It's good to prepare just in case. -- linda

DH has agreed to come to party so I have just signed up. Will probably speak to you again over on the Roll Call.

Archived