2 Pride of Hawaii questions

Cruisecontroler

1. Does anyone know for sure which night if the formal option night on POH?

2. Does anyone know if Pride of Hawaii has irons available in their laundry rooms or in the cabins? ...or maybe a "pressing service"...just in case...don't want to look all wrinkly...clothes any way...not much I can do about skin;)

Those were just the answers I needed.

Barb, I have been watching this forum like a hawk since we found out we were going on our cruise about 2 months ago. It seems that sometimes the ship changes up the formal night....they usually switch back and forth between Tuesday and Thursdays. I would suggest when you first get on board to find out from one of the crew members!!!

Letha

We were onj the 8/28/06 POH. As for Formal nite, I think I missed it. It definately wasn't tues, but there were so few people who actually dressed up, it was hard to figure it out. The usual dress for almost every night was Hawaiian wear. I even have the ships's daily logs and there wasn't even a mention of formal night, not that I could see. As I said, there were some who dressed up, and I do believe it was Thursday, but that was more for picture taking. In the Pacific Dining room the dress is always casual and you see more people wearing those Aloha shirts more and more as the cruise goes on. (Some of them should NOT wear them, but they do anyway).

Also, just a note, they give you the ladies a flower lei when boarding and the men a string of beads. These flowers will last the entire cruise.

Also, just a note, they give you the ladies a flower lei when boarding and the men a string of beads. These flowers will last the entire cruise.

What the... ? All we both got were flower leis. :)

The room steward suggested putting them in a ziplock style bag with a few spirts of water in it and placing that in the 'fridge to help preserve them. Seemed to work fine (we had packed some stuff in the freezer quart size which were the perfect size for that). Ours lasted until the LAX Westin on the way home...

For what it's worth, on the 8-21 to 8-28 sailing, formal night, according to the Daily, was Thursday.

Archived