How Formal on 4-day cruise?

cruznliz

Our cruise on the Monarch is coming up fast. We have never been on RCCL or on a 4-day cruise before. What do most men wear for formal night? Is a sport coat and tie too informal? Does he have to bring a dark suit? (He has a tux but doesn't want to fool with it for such a short cruise.) Any thoughts are appreciated!

Hey, Cruznliz. You may not realize it, but formal night and the dress code are probably the most controversial subjects that can be brought up on these boards. Personally, I think the dark suit is just fine. As I've said before, if it's comfortable for you and it's not hurting anyone else there shouldn't be a problem. As already posted, the shorter cruises are more casual.

You will notice, however, that quite a few people have a variety of opinions on this matter. Many believe that "Formal" means Tux where others will say that "Black Tie" means Tux. IMHO, a nice suit or sport jacket and slacks should be more than okay.

Again...just my opinion.

Archived