Jewel of the Seas - new to RCCL

LisaH

Hi all, we have cruised Princess and Celebrity and are considering RCCL for the first time. We are looking at Jewel of the Seas Carib for March 2008. My question is cabin related. It appears as if cabins 9092 and 9592 have larger balconies than the others BUT are close to the elevator and stairs. If anyone out there has been in these cabins, is it noisy? My past experience with these cabins is that it wouldn't be but never having been on RCCL, I am wondering. Thanks in advance. Looks like a beautiful ship.

One more thing, are there ellipticals in the gym on RCCL?

Welcome to RCI. Have been in cabin 9092 and 9078,both of which have much larger balconies than side D1 cabins. Haven't been in 9592, so can't comment. These cabins are not noisy, elevators are very quiet, and cabins are very convenient to everything. We always try to book one of these cabins, (or similarly located cabins on deck 10).

Jewel is a beautiful ship. Crew is wonderful. We've been on her 3 times and have another one scheduled for next month. Her balcony rooms are much bigger than Princess' balcony rooms (not mini suites, just their regular balcony rooms), ship has a spectacular atrium that Princess ships don't have. Food is about the same (just MHO), entertainment better on RCI, service more friendly on RCI, but we don't like the Anytime dining on Princess, so that may color my opinion. We just sailed the Sapphire Princess, and she is a beautiful ship, but IMHO, can't compare to the Jewel.

Gym on Jewel is very well equipped.

I'm sure you will have a great cruise.

Thanks Billsgal...that is good info. We thought about booking a Junior Suite on Deck 10 - assume that is equivalent of Princess mini suite BUT the big problem is the pool and other things above us. I am a light sleeper and don't want to risk hearing things from above. So that is our cardinal cruise rule, never book a cabin that is under anything other than another cabin. I think we can survive 8 nights in a balcony cabin. We have on Princess. Got a bit spoiled though by the Sun class mini suites...

HI LISA!!!:D

NOT TO WORRY about a D1 9592 or 9092...they are both fine cabins...I have seen them but not slept in them. The bigger the balcony the better. Elevators are not a problem. These cabins are the equivalent of a Mini Suite on Princess. The Junior suite is even bigger and nicer than the Mini on Princess. Noise is not a big problem with the JS's on deck 10. You will love the JEWEL OF THE SEAS:)!!!

ROSS

Archived