Frank's Tour

fla-red

We went on Frank's tour in April and had a great time. I cannot remember how many people ended up on the tour; maybe eight. We picked up some people from the Princess ship. He took us to a local restaurant where we purchased lunch. I don't remember what it was, but it was a local food and was good. I don't know if he has changed so that his price includes lunch or not. We went clear down the coast to I believe Soufrerie (sp?). We stopped to take pictures along the way; went to the volcano and climbed up to look down at the bubbling mud; went to the waterfall where I went and stood under the cascading water. (Be sure to wear your swimsuit under your clothes if you want to do this.) After we went to the little town at the far end of the tour (near the Pitons), we went back to the ship. He would have taken us to a beach if we wanted to, but we were happy with what we had already done.

Oh, he had lots for us to drink - water, beer, rum punch. :D

Here is a link to our photos.

This is such a beautiful, lush island, and I am sure you will have a great time!

We're just back and used Frank's tour last week. He had a large group, so we were split into two van's. Our driver was Guy...he was nice and answered questions, but didn't give the same tour you get with Frank. Frank is much more outgoing...more informative during the drive (we talked to the people in his van...a nicer, newer, larger van, btw.)

We didn't have lunch...he didn't mention it as an option.

We went to the volcano (interesting), the waterfalls (fun...swim!), saw the Pitons and Marigot Harbour (both gorgeous!) A nice overview of the beautiful westside of St. Lucia. Breathtaking Island.

The pitfalls of the tour, in our opinion:

1. Everytime you stop for a photo op, you are swarmed with vendors. Frank and Guy just open the doors and let you out in the swarm to vend for yourself. We learned later that some driver's avoid these stops, or at least help you "walk the gauntlet!" We got tired of being hassled everywhere we went.

2. While Frank's site offers customization, and I discussed it with him through email before I arrived, the tour didn't allow any extra time to personalize. Especially with the large group...we just rushed from stop to stop.

3. If you are prone to motion sickness, consider skipping a St. Lucian Island tour. Frank has no control over this...but those roads are terrible. Lots of "hair pin" turns...and lots of up and down hills! Yikes.

Overall, we had a nice day with Frank, but we certainly had better tour experiences on other Islands.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

We booked with Frank in late September, and he overbooked himself -- alot -- again. We had Manero (sp?), a local police officer who was very good. He didn't have the non-stop chatter of Frank, and I was really put out with Frank at the beginning. Manero was really, really nice, though, and drove very well. No sickness from anyone. We went to some of the same stops as Frank, and he'd come over to talk to us, but it wasn't what I had discussed with Frank or expected.

Having said that, I would book straight with Manero again. He is very knowledgable and really seemed to be a genuinely good guy. He got a big tip because he earned it.

We had chris as our driver he was awesome. He is a very knowledgable and exciting guy who told us all that we should know about the island.Frank himself had another group and was always checking on us.Not forgetting the lunch which was included in the price was great! We had green banana salad,breadfruit salad,and best of all was the fish.Every thing is local.Not forgetting the breathtaking view of the pitons.We will still book Frank's tours anytime.Thanks Frank for making our cruise special in St.Lucia.

Archived