3rd Person in room suggestions needed.

mariemorgan

Hello everyone! I hope you can help me with some suggestions. I will be sailing on the Grand Princess as a 3rd person in a mini-suite. The cost Princess is giving me is $699 being the 3rd person.

I sailed on Royal Caribbean last year (almost same week) and the cost for a 3rd person in a suite was $299. Now this is a huge price difference.

Have you found a better solution being a 3rd person that is a more reasonable price?

I have thought about getting my own room as a single supliment but princess quoted me at $997.50 for this. With the double occupancy for an inside being $499 per person right now. I don't see how this is a deal at all.

Any suggestions would be nice.

Hello everyone! I hope you can help me with some suggestions. I will be sailing on the Grand Princess as a 3rd person in a mini-suite. The cost Princess is giving me is $699 being the 3rd person.

I sailed on Royal Caribbean last year (almost same week) and the cost for a 3rd person in a suite was $299. Now this is a huge price difference. ...

Any suggestions would be nice.

I have booked my children as 3rd & 4th people in our cabins and they are always $699 or $799. It depends on the length of the cruise. These prices cover 7 day and 11 day cruises on RCL. I'm not sure how long the cruise is and what type of room, but It doesn't sound out of line to me.

I guess I'll just have to stick with Royal Caribbean in the future. They still have a $299 3rd person rate.

What type of cabin is only $299 for 3rd / 4th person rates? You were mentioning suites but this is hard to believe.

We're sailing on HAL over Thanksgiving and the 3rd person rate we got for our son was $290. This surprised me, because the HAL website quotes $517 for a child, $617 for an adult. We bought our cruise through a national travel agency, so maybe they were able to negotiate this rate.

DH and I always cruise with our daughter, now 17. She much prefers RCCL over Princess when booked in a regular balcony cabin. On RCCL, they'll take out the loveseat and make it into a bed. On Princess, there's no choice - you have to sleep in a "bunk" that comes out from the ceiling, which she hates.

We were booked in a mini suite on our last Princess cruise and in those cabins, the couch does let out into a bed.

Just sharing our opinions.

Were you in a Mini-suite when you paid the lower price?? The 3rd/4th person rate is usually tied to the 1st/2nd person rate. So A 3rd person would have a much lower price in an inside cabin vs a Mini-suite, etc.

I went on a 4-day RCCL cruise and took a 3rd/4th person for as little as $50 p/p but that was for a short cruise, and an inside stateroom during January.

I will say that the Grand Princess is a Very nice ship, classy but still fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be traveling as a 5th person in a Royal Family Suite and the 3rd, 4th, and 5th person rates were all $299 each on Rhapsody. We looked at getting one balcony with 3 people and one inside with 2 people and the total price was only a couple hundred dollars more with about twice the room. Even that way, the 3rd person rate was still $299. I am really looking forward to the balcony, though, as I have only traveled before in inside rooms.

When we traveled on Rhapsody last year, other cruisers we met in Grand Cayman didn't like the Princess cruise. They said the layout of the ship was difficult and the staff wasn't very personable. Personally, I have travelled on Carnival and RC and prefer RC. I guess to each their own.

Hope you have a good time Marie - let us know what you think!

Wow, we always stay in suites and have never been lucky enough to find 3rd/4th person rates that low. We have a cruise booked next March and the following March also, and the rates are $799 for 3rd/4th/5th persons. Is this only on the smaller RCL and Carnival ships? We are going to be on the Brilliance of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas.

Wow, we always stay in suites and have never been lucky enough to find 3rd/4th person rates that low. We have a cruise booked next March and the following March also, and the rates are $799 for 3rd/4th/5th persons. Is this only on the smaller RCL and Carnival ships? We are going to be on the Brilliance of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas.

The difference has more to do with time of sailing than with the ship (although class of ship can have something to do with it).

ladynred is sailing in early May - which is not a popular time for families to cruise. You are sailing during spring break time when ships are already full, so they have no incentive to discount 3rd and 4th passengers.

Archived