toddler time?

missycj96

Does anyone know about toddler time? I saw it on Celebrity's website. I hope to cruise with my 1 year old in Nov and really want more info. When is it, is it every day etc? Royal Caribbean has acqua babies. Also, I read an article in the family section of this board that says that for RCCL and Celebrity, kids in diapers can't go in the playroom even with parents. How can they have toddler programs if this is true?

Do any of the ships have separate children's pools that babies can go in? I know Disney does but my mom loves celebrity.

This information will really help me in deciding on my vacation. thanks!

According to X, you may bring a non-toilet trained toddler into the play area and they will provide wipes and a changing table for the parents.

"Toddler Time (Children under 3):

Parents can now accompany their toddlers to a special event held only for toddlers and their parents. Youth Staff will provide toddler appropriate toys and equipment for these junior cruisers to feel like part of the fun.

Celebrity has also provided changing tables and baby wipes in either the Fun Factory lavatory or the washroom closest to the Toddler Time venue."

It only runs a couple hours day, on sea days only, and parents are completely responsible for the toddler and counselors won't participate in activities with the exception of giving age appropriate toys to the parents.

Celebrity does not allow any non-toilet trained children into their pools, and swim diapers aren't allowed either. What some cruise lines have for diapered kids is something more akin to a splash area where the water isn't in a standing pool, but constantly draining. Celebrity doesn't have anything like that on their ships.

Not to rain on your parade but I traveled with my son on a cruise when he was a toddler and it wasn't that much fun. Ever since he turned three- I am in cruise heaven! He loves the ship's children's programs and I get time to myself. If you can wait until your daughter is three- I think you will enjoy cruising so much more.

Just my two cents from someone that's been there- done that.

One thing that Celebrity does provide is in cabin babysitting for toddlers but this is subject to availability and you should book this as soon as you board. They come to the stateroom at 8:30 (at least this used to be the case) Check with Celebrity, since it has been years since I used this service- which I liked and the staff adored my son.

As for your parents- I concur- I LOVE Celebrity! Yes, more than Disney.

I took my daughter on her first cruise at 11 months on the Mercury and it was a fun. Celebrity has toddler time every day. The time changes depending on whether it is a sea day or a port day. The time is scheduled for when the older kids are out of the Shipmates club on an organized ship outing. They pull out age appropriate toys and provide some interaction. We were also

allowed to use the splash pool in the Shipmates area with our daughter in swim diapers. The pool is only open on sea days or in ports that are tendered b/c the pools continuously drain/fill from the ocean (and you really don't want the water that is in the ports in the kiddie pool). We were also told that we could use the kid pool anytime as long as the older kids are not using it.

I hope the Galaxy has the same policies as the Mercury, because that pool looks cool and we are going to be on it in Dec.!

Have fun!

Glad you had fun with an 11 month old. I took my 13 month old on the Zenith in 2001. He had a blast but I spent the entire trip chasing after him, climbing behind him on the stairs, stuck in the cabin at nap time, late for dinner each night because I had to get the sitter situated at 8:30, etc. Even though we had a nice suite on Zenith, I still felt claustophobic and felt sorry for my cabin steward with dirty diapers, etc. Since then, I love cruising and my son has been on a total of 8! He is 6 years old.

The woman I traveled with (also had a toddler) and the kids played together and it was fun for the kids- just not us. We both were exhausted by the end of seven days. It wasn't like we didn't have any fun- just not as much fun as I do when I go now.

Archived