Island Princess Hawaii Patters and Info

Elua

Good Evening All,

Dave from the Elua duo here. We'll be boarding the Island Princess on September 21 to work the Wheelhouse. We'd like to get a feel for the activities and programming, so we're wondering if anyone has copies of last seasons Hawaii Patters?

We'd also like to know, since Faline is Hawaiian, if there was a real Hawaiian band, or if they used an "islandy" band doing mostly reggae, rock and some hapa haoli songs.

Thanks in advance for any help and info.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Dave

Good Evening All,

Dave from the Elua duo here. We'll be boarding the Island Princess on September 21 to work the Wheelhouse. We'd like to get a feel for the activities and programming, so we're wondering if anyone has copies of last seasons Hawaii Patters?

We'd also like to know, since Faline is Hawaiian, if there was a real Hawaiian band, or if they used an "islandy" band doing mostly reggae, rock and some hapa haoli songs.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Dave

Hi Dave!

I can't believe that I can actually help with this one!

Here's a link to a great, detailed review of the Island/Hawaii by CCr - Patty - The Cruisin' Chick.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=285469&highlight=island+patters

I couldn't find a direct Patters link but Bruce found one from January 2005 at cruiseclues.com

http://community.webshots.com/album/260089753XuXuki?369

Say hello to Faline for us!

Dave.. How long are you planning to be on the Island?

Hi Larry,

I recently got a note from Dave - they'll be onboard until sometime in February and then they are moving over to the Sea Princess.

Meanwhile Bruce and I are off to Copenhagen tomorrow to meet up with the Star! I see you're doing the Dawn to the Mexican Riviera in October - I hope you and Ginger have a great cruise.

Good Evening All,

Mahalo and Aloha,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I can't help you but we will be sailing on the Island Princess on 12/27/06 and my wife and I will be sure to stop by the Wheelhouse to see you and Faline perform. Can't wait! This will be our first Princess cruise and I know we will have a great time. We always do!!!:D

Mahalo and Aloha,

Ralph

Someone beat me to giving the info. Somebody did go through the trouble of posting the link from here to a set of Patters for a 1/05 cruise (on webshots or something like that). Don't know if that's still valid, but I'll take a look on cruiseclues to see if I can find it. I did scan in a copy of a summary of activities (it was included in the first Patters) and I posted that on a different cruising board but scanning in 15 days worth of Patters times four pages would be pretty time consuming for anyone.

Hi Guys,

Thanks one and all for the info so far. I found the patters from last season....very interesting. I was tickled to see that the BMW Trio was on....we worked with them on the CB and had a blast with them.

I am still interested in knowing exactly how Hawaiian the band was by the pool. Were they genuine Hawaiian, or playing a lot of Tiny Bubbles and Hula Hands? Being with Faline, you can imagine that I have acquired a real taste for "da kine", so I'm hoping it's the real deal. Anyone remember the band?

Mahalo,

Dave

Hi Dave - -

My wife and I, along with our dear friends from Florida, will be on the 9/21 Island Princess cruise to Hawaii. We've been counting down the days for almost a year and can't believe we're now down to 11 days out.

A few months back our friends learned that you were going to be on the Island Princess and forwarded your web site link to us. We really enjoyed your music and all the information on your site - well done! We're so looking forward to hearing you and Faline perform. On our last cruise the act in the Wheelhouse lounge was not enjoyable to us and we really missed hanging out in the Wheelhouse.

After the first few times of enjoying your web site I've not been able to access it again. My friends experienced the same problem. I thought something may have changed so when I saw your site's link in your signature line above I tried it again and it still gives me an error message. I was wondering if something had changed or if you've heard from others having the same problem?

Happily we'll be able to hear you both live in 11 days. We're looking forward to hearing you perform. See you soon!

Your new fans,

Rob & Melanie

Columbus, Ohio

Rob and Melanie,

Thanks so much for your kind words and compliments. We'rer very much looking forward to this contract, and getitng back to work. We've been off now for two weeks or so, and we are getting itchy to get back to playing!

Yes, we're aware of the problem with the website....we're doing a revamping right now, as well as having a bit of a communications problem with our server. it should be sorted out in the next few days, and we'll have something by the end of the week. After that, we'll have the totally revamped site. Faline, who designs our website likes to redo it every now and then, and we feel that a new look is due. We're also looking into making the site more "customer friendly", by outting in a shopping area.....similar to ITunes where you can pick up CDs, or just individual cuts. That's a bit technical for me....I leave that to Faline.

Thanks again for your post, and sorry about the website. But, it will be worth qwaiting for, I promise.

Aloha and Mahalo,

Dave

Elua

Dave - -

Thanks so much for the reply and for the heads-up regarding your site. We'll keep checking it - anxious to see the changes.

Better yet - next week at this time we'll be hearing you perform live!

See you then.

Rob & Melanie

Columbus, Ohio

Archived