Gap/ Audrey Hepburn/Skinny Black Pants

Cruise Arizona

I just saw this last night and was just NOW thinking about it when I saw this thread!!! How wild is that? I love those pants, and I have some that I bought a year ago that are almost exactly like those. I got them at Dillards - I forget the brand but they were $80 originally, and this was one of those terrific Dillards sales - I got them for $20!! They fit like a glove and are probably the most flattering pants I have. I am ecstatic to see more of them around! I wear them with black flats and a silk cheetah print sleeveless top with a mandarin style collar. Absoutely one of my favorite outfits.

First of all here is the link where you can see the 30 second and (better) 60 second commercial...

http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=18569&mlink=5058,622653,1&clink=622653

Now for those of you that "know" me, (and now those that don't), I am Rock and Roll Fashion guy, so I LURV this commercial (and the Gap black skinny jeans), because it combines classic fashion and heavy metal together and is brilliant, because it works so well.

The big fashion lessons here are:

#1 Build your wardrobe basics from timeless "classic" pieces, then add or change what is current at the moment...

Anything that is "classic" fashion will always remain in style, or come back in style quickly and always be useable/wearable...

#2 Only wear clothes that work for your body type and personailty...

Audrey Hepburn, never ever wore anything that did not fit her specific body type, or did not fit her personality (regardless of what anyone else was wearing)...

Therefore look at any of her movies to this day, she always looks good.

Side note:

Does anyone know or remember what movie this is originally from?

I'm thinking "Funny Face" with Fred Astaire, but I'm not sure.

CJW

Side note:

Does anyone know or remember what movie this is originally from?

I'm thinking "Funny Face" with Fred Astaire, but I'm not sure.

CJW

That's the one. Now, I'm gonna have to go rent it so I can see the whole thing. I'm a big Audrey Hepburn fan.

Audrey Hepburn, never ever wore anything that did not fit her specific body type, or did not fit her personality (regardless of what anyone else was wearing)...

And remember those wonderfully skinny black pants look so good on AH because she was very skinny and very petite.

Prelude to a beatnik......

Archived