Meet & Greet Confirmed!!! So Exciting!!

4merlurker

I just received confirmation from NCL that the Meet & Greet I requested is scheduled for our 1st sea day in the star bar!!! Is that a good location? What should we expect? So far NCL customer service has been AWESOME and I don't want to bother them with questions I can get answers to here soooooo tell me your M&G experiences. Any officers show up? Snacks? Beverages?

At our RCCL M&M they gave us danish, cookies, coffee & juice - The CD came and I believe the Hotel Director (if thats what you call them on a ship), but no officers :( - It was nice but we were all seated at dining tables and not really set up for "mingling".

Less than 60 days to go!!!!!!

~Connie

I set up the meet and greet on our Jewel Cruise and there were no officers although the passenger courtesy person that I spoke with was there. They did not have anything out for us, but the bar was reserved for us.

It is just great to meet all the folks that you have chatted with for so long and it was great to see them on the ship during the cruise.

I wouldn't expect too much, except the chance to meet some great people.

It seems to depend on the ship, and who the officers are the Group Co-Ordinator really who turns up and what 'extras' you may get.

On the Dream in Alaska last year, there was no coffee or juice provided (NCL had previously said you can get that from the buffet if you wanted it). We did however get a visits from the Captain, and Hotel Director. The HD was very curious (and nervous) about what a "Cruise Critic" group's intentions were. The Captain was familiar with the boards, and read them regularly, but never posted.

On the Dawn earlier this year, they provided coffee, orange juice and muffins. Ricky (CD) and Claudio (Concierge), and various officers came along for a while.

No idea on the Dream to the Baltics as I think we had only 2 groups from CC onboard.

On the Star in Aug, it was just us CC'ers. No officers, no staff, no eats or drinks but we still had fun. We used the piano in the Star bar and our own 'freebird1815' played wonderfully for us. Thanks again Jo. Still think you should have entered the talent show.:) It was fun getting to know the people that you met on this board

How did you get in touch with NCL? I sent them an email requesting using the star bar on our cruise which is Oct 22 and so far have heard nothing back. Any info would be helpful.

Kit

Hi Kit! I just sent an email to shipcoordinatordawn@ncl.com and asked how I go about setting up a cruise critic meet & greet. Also gave an approx head count. Got an email back the next day confirming the date and location.

I wonder if I should email back and request some drinks/snacks? Couldn't hurt, right?

~Connie

Send an email to:

shipcoordinatorjewel@ncl.com

That's how we set up our get togehter for 12/3 on the Jewel. Mayra should email you back pretty quick!

Good Luck

Linda

I am looking forward to the meeting Linda. This will be my wife and my 30th anniversary cruise and this get together is a great way to get started. You have it posted on the other thread that the meeting is at 10:30am Monday?

We will be wearing our CruiseCritic.Com Blue Shirts.

Our meet and greet will be in the Garden Villa. We have ordered food, but had to pay for it. Have no clue who will attend from NCL, but the last meet and greet brought the cruise director and the food and beverage director. We had a great time - did a gift exchange and agreed to meet in the Owner's suite a few days later for a chocolate feast! Everyone was to bring one chocolate item. We shopped at a bakery at one of the ports and brough some yummy treats. That was a barrel of fun.

At our meet and greet in the GV we are bring both gifts to exhange and chocolate treats!

Archived