How much do prices change?!?

I am about to book my honeymoon on a Royal Carribbean ship that goes out on 11/16 from Baltimore Maryland. It is a 9 night Eastern Carribbean trip. I keep being told from EVERY travel agent that calls if I book now I am ensured a cabin, but can still get the lower prices when they adjust down.

Right now for one person with taxes and port fees included it is $1299 for a private balcony. Any guesses what it might go to before the cruise date?

Thanks for your help, I am a new cruiser!

My recommendation is to book now. Prices have not been going down for the fall sailings. If they fall prior to FP you will receive a credit, if they fall after FP you receive OBC. If they go up, you pay the higher price. The days of waiting for last minute reductions are almost over.

Thank you for your help!

I forgot to mention it is 11/16/2007, but still a fall sailing, so your answer probably still applies...

So if the price adjusts after the 70 days before sailing when final payment is due, they issue a credit for the ship, but prior they adjust my bill downward?

I am excited, you can't beat a 9 day all-inclusive type vacation for 1300 a person, and have a view from a balcony! C'mon 2007! :D

Thanks!

Yea, I am booking today, it is $250 fully refundable if we cancel before FP, so there is no risk, and I PLAN on going... but sometimes you just never know what can happen between now and then.

The cabins that they gave me as reference are on deck 7, is that a good spot to be?

And I reread your post, if the prices go up and I have booked, I am locked in at 1299 right? Or would I still have to pay the higher price?

Thanks!

Yea, I am booking today, it is $250 fully refundable if we cancel before FP, so there is no risk, and I PLAN on going... but sometimes you just never know what can happen between now and then.

The cabins that they gave me as reference are on deck 7, is that a good spot to be?

And I reread your post, if the prices go up and I have booked, I am locked in at 1299 right? Or would I still have to pay the higher price?

The cruise fare will not go up if you are fully deposited.

Sorry if I confused you. What I meant by prices going up, is if you don't book, and the prices go up you will pay the higher price. Once you book, your price is protected and you will not pay the higher price. Deck 7 is a great location! Congratulations on your cruise! You will have a great time!!

Even after final payment, if price drops you will get your refund on your credit card. But you have to be looking for it. If you don't call about it, you wont get it. They dont give it to you as a an On Board Credit. Carnival Cruiseline gives you an OBC.IF price drops enough, you can also ask for an upgrade if they are available (Princess will do this, but you have to fight like hades for it). Un fortuantely, thats a holiday sailing so dont be looking to hard for one.

Book as early as possible for best price and cabin selection. If the price goes up, you are good with your price (our PCanal cruise next April has gone up $1500 since we booked) and if the price goes down, you call for a reduction. If using a travel agent, be sure you have one who knows you are watching for a reduction and will give it to you.

You just made an astute observation. Make sure you check into travel insurance also. You would really hate it to have made final payment and find out you can't go due to a covered situation arising (medical emergency etc.). The premium is a small price to pay for security...I almost learned the hard way.

Book as early as possible for best price and cabin selection. If the price goes up, you are good with your price (our PCanal cruise next April has gone up $1500 since we booked) and if the price goes down, you call for a reduction. If using a travel agent, be sure you have one who knows you are watching for a reduction and will give it to you.

Also be sure if you are using a Travel Agent, make sure they are open 7 days a week. If there is a reduction(subject to change at any time), you must be able to get in touch with them or you might not get the $$ from the reduction if they're closed.

One major reason we don't use them.

Archived