Rent Rome Apartment?

My husband and I are trying to rent an apartment in Rome near the Pantheon or nearby piazzas from 10/21-27/2006. I know there are websties available. I have contacted most of them and find it difficult to know what I would be getting (if anything). I would like to know if anyone stayed in any great Rome apartment so that I can make a reservation.

I'm also interested in this topic. We are a group of 6 people looking to save a little money while we are in Rome pre-cruise next June. I've looked into apartments on the romecityapartments website and they are quite reasonable. I'd love to know if anyone has stayed in these apartments and if they really are a good deal. I'm nervous that we'd rent one that says it sleeps 6 people but really it will end up being way to small. Any info would be appreciated.

A lot of those apts. that sleep 6 persons include a double sofa bed in the living room as one of the "beds". Also , I noticed that Romecity website usually gives the sq.meters of the apt. so you can have an idea of the size.

My problem with renting is that I have read many stories about "bait and switch" situations . That scares me.

We decided to rent an apartment in Rome for 5 days post cruise in November. After reading as much as I could find (most great info. from slowtrav dot com) I concluded that finding a reputable agency was first and foremost. This was exactly what I did, and you can do as well using first hand reports of not only apartments, but AGENCIES on the message board.

We are very excited about trying this approach for the first time. Please post back and let us know how it goes.

I am also renting an apartment postcruise in June. I have been looking in the Spanish Steps area. Trip Advisor has reviews of some apartments. I have found that it's hard to find everything you want in one apartment. I will be going with my two sons (11 and 14) and we want something with three separate beds. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Hi,

we went with a company called Rental in Rome - May this year. they were very very helpful and easy to do buisness with. We had a wonderful place near the Colussieum [sp]. http://www.rentalinrome.com/. You can pay them using Paypal which was very easy and the balance you pay on arrival. The weather, by the way, was very warm and we wore shorts/jeans most of the time. We were there for 5 nights and found some nice places to eat etc.

Regards Teresa

• 1 year later...
Hi,

we went with a company called Rental in Rome - May this year. they were very very helpful and easy to do buisness with. We had a wonderful place near the Colussieum [sp]. http://www.rentalinrome.com/. You can pay them using Paypal which was very easy and the balance you pay on arrival. The weather, by the way, was very warm and we wore shorts/jeans most of the time. We were there for 5 nights and found some nice places to eat etc.

Regards Teresa

When did you make your reservation. I am looking for a place in the last week of May 2008 precruise and they told me to contact after the christmas holidays. I found that unusual. If you don't mind where did you stay?

I am also talking to Russo Travel they have several apartments and have been very good to deal with so far. My only problem is they are full with apartments with lifts and the ones they have now for May are third floor walk ups.

My husband and 2 college age children stayed at this apartment in Rome last May for 3 nights. It was a fantastic location in Piazza Coppelle. This small Piazza starts the day as a fresh fruit/vegetable and fish market. In the early evening it's transformed into sidewalk cafes, restaurants and a night club or two (the sound never bothered us). It was a couple of blocks from the Pantheon and a grocery store. It was located between the Piazza Navona and Trevi Fountain which were within easy walking distance. We also walked to the Colosseum and Forum.

http://www.romecityapartments.com/default_new.aspx?&idLingua=2&qstring=1|1|1|0|1|21/10/2007|27/10/2007|4|S|&CenterPage=frmCenter.aspx&qFunction=Ricerca

If you have any questions, you can contact me at TDahmer@yahoo.com.

For the last twelve years, we have been using http://www.vrbo.com. It stands for vacation rentals by owner. It is worldwide and offers homes, apartments, villas, etc. There is a lot of good detail provided for each property. Most have many pictures and availability calendars. From each property site, you can email the owner directly. We have found condos in Canada and the US. We have rented villas and apartments in Europe and the UK. Our experience has been very positive. Check it out! I'm sure you'll be addicted as we are.

Hi,

We booked with rentalinrome also for next July for 3 nights. We booked a 3 bedroom near the Spanish steps for €200 a night. It is very simple but will meet the needs of the 6 of us who are travelling together. Our apartment is called Corso.

Good luck.

Vanessa

A group of 5 of us have booked from 10/1/07-10/5/07 with the Bed & Breakfast Assoc of Rome at www.b-b.rm.it, which I found when I visited the slowtravel website. The 2 of us doing the research felt really good about all the detailed information and photos available. Reserving and making the downpayment was easy, and any questions we've had have been answered within 24 hours.

I'll post back here after our stay.

A group of 5 of us have booked from 10/1/07-10/5/07 with the Bed & Breakfast Assoc of Rome at www.b-b.rm.it, which I found when I visited the slowtravel website. The 2 of us doing the research felt really good about all the detailed information and photos available. Reserving and making the downpayment was easy, and any questions we've had have been answered within 24 hours.

Definitely do! I was looking at an apartment, but they wanted a Security Deposit of 300-500 EUR in addition to the rental rate. Did the B&B Assoc of Rome require anything like that?

I did find a small B&B close to the Vatican called Domus Betti that I thought I would try. It's too early to try and book as I don't travel until Oct '08, but I'm sure going to check it out at 50 EUR per night, not per person.

We rent an apartment in Santa Maria Maggiore square (via carlo alberto), near Termini and very close to Colosseo/Roman Forum.

Rent directly with us let you save the money that usually went to the agency.

This is the website apartment (underconstruction but with all the infos you need)

http://apartment.ogre.it/

this is the email apartments.roma@gmail.com

this are the prices http://apartment.ogre.it/prezzi-en.php

The apartment is for 2-6 people, with 2 bedrooms, one livingroom, bathroom and kitchen.

All the information are in the website in many languages.

• 1 month later...

Definitely do! I was looking at an apartment, but they wanted a Security Deposit of 300-500 EUR in addition to the rental rate. Did the B&B Assoc of Rome require anything like that?

I did find a small B&B close to the Vatican called Domus Betti that I thought I would try. It's too early to try and book as I don't travel until Oct '08, but I'm sure going to check it out at 50 EUR per night, not per person.

We only had to pay a 1 night deposit. We booked #139 Gianicolense for 170Euros per night for 3 bdrm 2 bath.

I would rent again from this association, but I would get a more central location than we had in the Trastevere section, although the neighborhood restaurants were very good....much better than the food we got at the restaurants nearer the central areas. The apartment was about what I expected, and not as convenient as a hotel but not nearly as expensive either.

Here's another website.

www.cyberrentals.com

sometimes an apt./condo etc. will be listed on more than one website. I have seen some on cyberrentals also listed on VRBO .....

Also - most quote prices for a week stay..... but quite a few will rent by the day..... you have to check each one. But the site has a search tool that does allow you to narrow them down by the criteria you are looking for.... example : sleep 1-4 (that way you are not looking at those that are too big....etc.

Hope this helps. We have rented condos/etc from this site - not in Rome but in other locations. Have only had good luck so far.

We went to Rome in Feb of 2007 and rented an apartment. We used http://www.romeholidays.net/eng/homeing1.htm and rented the Celimontana apartment. We had a lovely time. The apartment was perfect. There was no extra bit to pay, everything they can charge you extra for(safety deposit, electricity, heat, cleaning) was all inclusive and they always responded to any questions promptly. Even when we added my sister to the reservation we just paid the exxtra when we got there.

Archived