Grandeur Refurbish

REGINA

Hi the Grandeur is going into dry dock in April. That came from the captain on our cruise, we're on the Grandeur right now. Sorry to hear about the bad news for the people leaving on the bermuda run. We're scheduled to arrive in Baltimore at 1:00 pm tomorrow. We was told then that in port they would weld the broken section of rudder.

Hi the Grandeur is going into dry dock in April. That came from the captain on our cruise, we're on the Grandeur right now. Sorry to hear about the bad news for the people leaving on the bermuda run. We're scheduled to arrive in Baltimore at 1:00 pm tomorrow. We was told then that in port they would weld the broken section of rudder.

If you get the chance, can you ask if she'll be stretched at that point?

Capt. Hempstead said most likely the Grandeur would be stretched. However he said it would likely be some time, In other words a couple of years. The captain has been great and has kept informed with the rudder problem. I'm driving so I don't mind staying on board for a few more hours.

Capt. Hempstead said most likely the Grandeur would be stretched. However he said it would likely be some time, In other words a couple of years. The captain has been great and has kept informed with the rudder problem. I'm driving so I don't mind staying on board for a few more hours.
Thanx! FYI.. there's other threads saying RCI will offer 125% credit for anyone that wants to cancel next trip or 505 off and 25% future discount for anyone willing to take thre cruise after yours, but a "cruise to nowhere" (figured you might not be searching all the threads from your connection)

unforgiven -- Thanks for posting from onboard. Hope all goes well for the rest of your trip back to Baltimore. One bonus is that you'll get to sail up the Chesapeake Bay during daylight hours. If you have time this week when you get back, I would love to hear a review of your cruise. I'm booked on the 15 September sailing on the 9-day itinerary.

Jennifer

unforgiven -- Thanks for posting from onboard. Hope all goes well for the rest of your trip back to Baltimore. One bonus is that you'll get to sail up the Chesapeake Bay during daylight hours. If you have time this week when you get back, I would love to hear a review of your cruise. I'm booked on the 15 September sailing on the 9-day itinerary.

Jennifer

I have a niece in Syracuse, NY that I think is on that cruise (Jennifer).. so I gotta ask, are you in syracuse?

unforgiven, glad to hear you've been enjoying the cruise. I'll keep an eye out for your review. Enjoy the rest of your time onboard!

Bill, nope, I'm not up in Syracuse. I live in DC. If your niece is on the cruise, encourage her to visit our roll call, if she hasn't already. There is a nice group from cruise critic booked for the 15 Sept. cruise.

Does the Grandeur have a Conceige room for Diamond members?

Currently it does not...but during the stretch on Enchantment, a Concierge Club was added were the Future Cruise Desk is located on deck 8.

Radio

;) ;)

We was very happy to see the Grandeur sitting beside I-95 last Friday. The bay seemed to be rough in my opinion, others thought it wasn't so bad. We did a bar crawl the first couple of hours on board so everything seemed to be a little more bumpy, but we never felt bad.

Archived