I.D. needed for cruise

1116lexi

We( my husband, myself and three year old) are going on our first cruise next month and I am just wanting to double check about what ID we will need. If I understand correctly, we do not need passports since we are traveling before Dec. 31st. We all have our original birth certificates, and my husband and I both have drivers licenses and military IDs. Is this enough? I am so worried we will get to Galveston and not have all that we need. I know that passports would be best, but if we don't really need them, I would rather not have to worry about spending the money for them.

That's all you need. Some others have said that the marriage license is needed if your name changed when you got married. I have never brought mine nor have I been asked.

Have a great time!!! And, welcome to cruising. Warning: after your first cruise, you will become addicted!!!

We( my husband, myself and three year old) are going on our first cruise next month and I am just wanting to double check about what ID we will need. If I understand correctly, we do not need passports since we are traveling before Dec. 31st. We all have our original birth certificates, and my husband and I both have drivers licenses and military IDs. Is this enough? I am so worried we will get to Galveston and not have all that we need. I know that passports would be best, but if we don't really need them, I would rather not have to worry about spending the money for them.

If you are coming back into the US after Dec. 31st you will need a passport. If all your travel is done by then, no problem...

Archived