Civitavecchia to Train Station

You also should be aware that the port authority now operates a free shuttle bus from the cruise ships to the port entrance. As already posted, from the entrance to the station is no more than a half mile and its a very easy walk.

Hank

they always have had a free shuttle at least for 6 years. we have used it three times and will be again in november. when you buy your ticket, get the express train 50 minutes and only one stop compared to the regular 1 hr 10 minutes and six stops. also, a ticket is 4.5 euros but if you spend 9 you can have a private compartment and have your luggage right in your sight. the train to rome always seems to be on track 3 so you have to lug your bags down 40 concrete steps and then back up 40 steps to catch the train. no porters! Its an adventure!

OOh, Corkpopr, you are so right! We witnessed a family with a disabled person. There was NO WAY he could negotiate those steps in his wheelchair! They finally decided to send him to Rome in a taxi and Mom took the train with the kids. They were clueless about where they were, and spoke no Italian. I tried to help them out. They actually thought the ship was going to dock in Rome!!:confused: I had some problems with the steps and the luggage myself. I'd do it again, though.:rolleyes:

HI

How do I get from the Civitavecchia port to the Train Station? Walking directions would be most appreciated. If it's too far let me know if it's necessary to take a taxi.

Thanks

: )

This is one of the best descriptions (including photos) of getting from port to the train station that I've seen on CC :

http://www.europeportreviews.com/Rome2.htm

We walked it last year and it is an easy, flat walk (but we were doing it without luggage).

Archived