Live from the Pride !!!

Wennfred

Thanks everyone, We are home. We got up this morning around 6am, we had room service breakfast and was off the ship by 7:45am, We disembarked with the VIP's from Carnival Vacation Club. There were like 30 new Carnival Vacation Club Members that got the membership.

The wierd thing was that last night when our Cabin Steward cleaned our cabin, she took the Pride books and the Green Info book with the Phone numbers and the Room Service menu and she also forgot to leave those Breakfast menu you check and leave at the door, I had to go to the Pursers Desk to request some.

Last night, out last Supper at the dining room there was a Fight !!!:confused: , Luckly all the Men around that table stood up and broke it up. This piece of crap guy was pretty drunk. Not sure if Security took him out of the dining room.

I didn't attend the last show which was the Legends show. I have seen this show a few times already.

Important info:

Wendy and Shayla got sick, not sure from what, could of been the Mosquito bites in P.V. while doing the Dolphin Swim. They didn't eat there but did eat at Randys in Mazatlan the next day. I went with them to Las Caletas to see the Rythms of the Night show that night and I ate with them and didnt get Sick so I know its not from there. I think its from the Mosquito Bites in P.V. the first port day. Wendy will go to urgent care tomorrow to get a check up. Stomach flu symptoms. I am ok. I didnt leave the Ship in P.V. but did go to the night show in Mazatlan the next night and didn't get not one mosquito bite. Wendy and I didnt leave the ship in Cabo. I had alot to eat while onboard but always ensure to keep my hands cleaned.

Fred

Fred . . . welcome back and thank you so much for sharing your cruise on a day to day basis with us. I sure appreciated it . . . especially since I'll be doing the same cruise next January. I'm so sorry to hear that Wendy and Shayla got sick. Sure hope they're feeling better. My son and I will going on the Randi's Happy Horses excursion . . . do they think they might have eaten something there that made them sick? Plan to take lots of mosquito repellent in PV on our Canopy zip line tour (or rather my son will . . . I'm going to sip Maragritas and wait for him to zip in).

Funny (not really) you should have seen a fight (or almost a fight) at dinner. On my cruise last week, two guys nearly came to blows on the Lido deck. Why? Haven't a clue but it took about a dozens guys to part them. Once secruity arrived, everything seemed to be back to normal. Mr. Red Cap (and his "friends" stayed on the lower deck) and Mr. White Cap (and his friends, went to higher ground on the Lido Deck). All I could think about as I sat and sipped my frozen margarita . . . what in the heck would cause anyone to be so upset about on a cruise that would make them want to fight? As a defense attorny, I know how people can "snap" . . . but on a cruise? :confused:

Anyway . . . welcome home and again . . . thank you so much for sharing your cruise with all of us! :)

what in the heck would cause anyone to be so upset about on a cruise that would make them want to fight?

Anyway . . . welcome home and again . . . thank you so much for sharing your cruise with all of us! :)

This guy was totally Drunk, he couldn't even walk, he probably said something to someones wife or he just fell all over someone.

Thanks Ladycaveat, now only 203 days for my Spirit Cruise :D

Fred

Fred, Wendy & Shala

So glad you guys had a great time!

I loved getting the updates everyday, almost like I was a fly on the wall.

Looking forward to your pictures.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie, I will be posting fun Threads like "Lobster Night" etc with pictures soon. Just keep your eyes out for them.

Fred

Had breakfast and chatted with Alberto, and he said that it was a step father and his step son fighting... got the info from his waiter friend who's table it was at. I wasn't even up when you left...we went off at 11am and we listened to Jerome in the lounge for over an hour...good idea to pass the time.

Hope Wendy's tummy is better...my dad is better too, but his was the banana drinks! LOL.

Jan

Had breakfast and chatted with Alberto, and he said that it was a step father and his step son fighting... got the info from his waiter friend who's table it was at. I wasn't even up when you left...we went off at 11am and we listened to Jerome in the lounge for over an hour...good idea to pass the time.

Hope Wendy's tummy is better...my dad is better too, but his was the banana drinks! LOL.

Jan

Jan, we had a great time with you and your dad, he sure can eat like me. After your Costa Cruise, lets throw around some Ideas for 2008. Also keep talking to your dad about our Spirit Cruise.

Fred

Welcome Home Fred! Thank you for all the great posts! I hope Wendy and Shayla are feeling better soon.

Lady Caveat, if you click on my name and go to my profile you can get to my myspace and leave a message or my AIM is also my email with aol.com after it. :) Noon sounds fine to us. Is PV one hour later than ship's time?

Hi Quartz100, I was just wondering, what did you think of this Cruise Director? I didn't care for him and I just wrote alittle something about him in the Wee Jimmy Thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=413621

Fred

I actually didn't mind Wee Jimmy... he was one of the things I did actually like about the cruise. I got the chance to speak to him personally once and he was as "on" then.. he truely seemed like a nice guy. I didn't have any trouble understanding him, but then, my husband is British, so that might be some of it.

As far as the "shut up" comments and such, I felt like he was just bantering with the audience. I never felt like it was one-sided and anyone was offended, but I guess you spoke to some other people than I did. heh. He just seemed a lot more approachable than cruise directors I've had on past cruises.

Just my .02 :)

I sure hope that Wendy and Shayla are feeling much better today. I am so sorry about that. Thanks for that bit of information . My daughter and I will be extra careful for sure after reading your report. Fred Carnival needs to hire you to report and give you free trips. You did a great job. It seems that everone wants to take the Pride now. Keep us posted on the ladies and how they are doing.

Thanks so much for your daily review, Fred. My friends and I will board the Pride 12/3. I enjoyed reading all the information you provided. I hope

Wendy and Shayla feel well soon. Note to self..bring own water off the ship!

Thanks again and Welcome home!

JoAnn

Jan, we had a great time with you and your dad, he sure can eat like me. After your Costa Cruise, lets throw around some Ideas for 2008. Also keep talking to your dad about our Spirit Cruise.

Fred

If a good Military discount comes up and it is for more than 1 cabin, let me know..Steve and I might get away...and since you are Military...It is a given, Steven doesn't qualify for one....

Welcome Home Fred! Thank you for all the great posts! I hope Wendy and Shayla are feeling better soon.

Lady Caveat, if you click on my name and go to my profile you can get to my myspace and leave a message or my AIM is also my email with aol.com after it. :) Noon sounds fine to us. Is PV one hour later than ship's time?

Kim, your "myspace" page was fantastic!

I'm so confused about the time issue . . . don't even know what time zone PV is on. Wait a minute . . . I'll be right back . . .

Okay, hard to believe but PV is in the Central Time Zone and unless California has moved, it in the Pacific Time Zone. Thus, there is Pacific Standard Time and then Mountain Standard Time then Central Standard Time (and finally Eastern Standard Time which is what Virginia is on). If I'm correct, when they say the tour starts at noon local time, that would be ten o'clock on ship's time. Does that sound right?

Well, it would be if the ship is on pacific time. Is the ship on pacific time or mountain time? *lol*

Glad you enjoyed my Myspace Page. Thanks. :)

Tee Hee . . . this is too darn funny! You and I can raise some great kids, run a household and probably rub our tummies and pat our heads at the same time but we can't figure out ship's time vs local time. Maybe that's why I'm attorney and not a CPA . . . numbers totally confuse me. :D Okay, if we leave out of Long Beach, California . . . and that's PST . . . wouldn't the ship's time be PST? I know that when I go to the Caribbean and there are time changes . . . we always stay on the time our cruise originated from.

Fred, where are you? NeptunesGoddess and Ladycaveat need your help!!!!

Archived