Another Jumper???

stutz

What is going on? Another supposed drunk women dives over the rail or so Carnival wants you to think.

Between RCCL and Carnival it is becoming a major concern.

Maybe all passengers also need to go through pyscological screening as well before boarding.

What is going on? Another supposed drunk women dives over the rail or so Carnival wants you to think.

Between RCCL and Carnival it is becoming a major concern.

Maybe all passengers also need to go through pyscological screening as well before boarding.

Where did you hear that the women was drunk?

In the Royal Caribbean section there is a article that was posted. The family last saw her on Saturday. The news article said they didn't report her missing untell Monday....

Who knows what happen, but I know if one of my family members went missing I would be saying something before Monday.

Hopefully the family can find out more of what happen.

Read CNN, the facts I stated were released .

Other than the terrible distress for the family, although waiting 2 days to report her missing is odd. Why is this happening so often.

And if the answer is that the rate of jumpers is the same now as before but reported in the press more. Then I say again what is the deal with these people??

Considering the amount of ships (and cruisers) everyday of the year, it really doesn't happen that much....It's scary, don't get me wrong....but it's not always foul play.

I also can't understand why the family waited so long to report it, but we don't know the situation.

Read CNN, the facts I stated were released .

Other than the terrible distress for the family, although waiting 2 days to report her missing is odd. Why is this happening so often.

And if the answer is that the rate of jumpers is the same now as before but reported in the press more. Then I say again what is the deal with these people??

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Authorities were investigating the disappearance of an Ohio woman who was reported missing Monday from a Carnival Cruise Lines ship.

The 37-year-old woman, whose name was not released, had been on a four-day cruise to Key West and Mexico.

The Miami-based cruise line said relatives last saw the woman Saturday night, but did not report her missing until Monday, when the ship returned to Miami. FBI spokeswoman Judy Orihuela said, however, that she was not aware of any delay in reporting the disappearance.

"It doesn't look like foul play," said Orihuela, whose agency is investigating the case.

The disappearance from the Carnival cruise ship Imagination was the latest missing person case involving a cruise this year.

Elizabeth Galeana, 22, of Naples, Florida, apparently fell off a cruise ship in July and drowned. Her body was found off the coast of Italy last month. In May, Daniel DiPiero, 21, of Canfield, Ohio, fell off a cruise ship to the Bahamas after a night of heavy drinking with friends.

One of the highest profile cases involving a cruise ship disappearance occurred last summer, when George Allen Smith IV, 26, of Greenwich, Connecticut, vanished from his honeymoon cruise in the Mediterranean after an apparent late night of drinking. Bloodstains were found on a canopy that covers lifeboats. No one has been charged and no body has been found.

It doesn't say anywhere that she was drunk, It says the last person was not that she was.

Life has to be pretty bad to jump off a cruise ship while you are on vacation. I have never met anyone on a cruise who was not there to have fun. How come people who they say jump off ships never leave a note??? Years ago you never heard of this many people missing from ships. Gives you something to think about

Again.. CNN reported that she was drinking heavily.

According to a web site that tracks these kind of things for the industry...the majority of these incidents are suicide.

There are exceptions such as the honeymooner George Smith on the Brilliance last year.

As you all know I am sure "falling" over the rail strictly by accident is not an easy thing to do.

Again.. CNN reported that she was drinking heavily.

According to a web site that tracks these kind of things for the industry...the majority of these incidents are suicide.

There are exceptions such as the honeymooner George Smith on the Brilliance last year.

As you all know I am sure "falling" over the rail strictly by accident is not an easy thing to do.

Not trying to start anything but reread the article it says the last missing person in May was drinking heavily not this one.

I read the article and while feeling sorry for the family at this sad time I do question why if the women was last seen on Saturday night did they wait until Monday morning to report her missing?????

I know if one of my family members or friends were missing, I would make sure everyone knew about it and would help me to find them IMMEDIATELY...

Not trying to start anything but reread the article it says the last missing person in May was drinking heavily not this one.

The only reason I am stressing my point is becouse thats how rumors get started, we should wait for the facts to come out before we assume anything. An awful tragedy has happened, and it would be very sad for the family to have possible untruths floating around. I dont mean to sound like I was attacking you. LOL

I read the article and while feeling sorry for the family at this sad time I do question why if the women was last seen on Saturday night did they wait until Monday morning to report her missing?????

I know if one of my family members or friends were missing, I would make sure everyone knew about it and would help me to find them IMMEDIATELY...

I totally agree!!! That doesnt make much sense at all does it?!?!

I also can't understand why the family waited so long to report it, but we don't know the situation.

I don't think it is too difficult to understand. They saw her "Saturday night" presumably meaning at or after dinner. If there weren't specific plans to meet, it isn't all that difficult to miss someone all day. She apparently didn't show up for dinner Sunday, but that wouldn't necessarily trigger any great concern for many people. Maybe a voicemail, but I wouldn't report it to security unless there was something more.

They reported her missing Monday morning, probably when she didn't show for disembarkation, but that really amounts to a day and a half at best.

Archived