Beavertails ?

Hmmm, beavertails are so yummy. In Halifax they are sold on the waterfront, about a 15 minute walk from the pier. They are located just past the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic on the water side. There's a fish & chip place just before it.

For those of you wondering what they are: not real beaver (he, he) they are a pastry in the shape of a beaver tail, with a variety of choices of toppings, such as cinnamon sugar, apples, maple syrup and many more choices. It's a must when visiting us.

Oh YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

there is a place in old montreal, it is a little shop on the street along the water lind of opposite the science center.....but it is seasonal. i was bummed last april, they were not open yet. drats.

bad for you, probably but OH SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD!

thanks, everyone ! I can taste them already ! Hi to Judy from Newport News. I see we're not the only ones from NN going on a Canada/New England cruise ! But diff ship...we're on Holland Am's Maasdam. Have a wonderful cruise !! Gina

I know several people on the Maasdam in October. Maybe you will be on the same cruise. They go from Montreal to Norfolk. (When we booked I didn't realize that HAL had a cruise that came to Norfolk or we might have considered that.)

Just got an offer from Princess. If we could change to the October 8th cruise they would upgrade us to a balcony and give us a $600 OBC. :D I had to turn it down because my husband isn't here to consult. :( Maybe they will come back with a better offer. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

We are now back from our Canada/New England cruise. We were bumped up to a balcony on the original date.:D We used the balcony much more than I anticipated. About the beavertails: we had one in Halifax on the boradwalk and it was wonderful! One is big enough for 2 people to split easily. They make them to order so they are hot and fresh. Don't miss them or you will regret it.

I have posted a review of the cruise on the Princess forum if you are interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=420962

You can get beavertails in Montreal on de la Commune just west of Place Jaques Cartier in Old Montreal which is really near the docks. You can walk to the cruise ship from there.\

Just in case you don't see it,as it will not be advertised in english because the law forbids english signs, so it will be "Queue du Castor" which is beavertail in french

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG...you SPLIT a beavertail???

guess we forgot to tell you that sharing them is illegal !! LOL

darn, and we are going to montreal in january. guess i am SOL AGAIN! sheesh...........i will have to try to go in later spring.........i haven't one in forever.

• 1 month later...

Okay, the name of this thread really got my attention! I thought, "this is something DH would love!" but as it turns out, it would be me and DS who would love the beavertails you talk about. Is there any place near the cruise terminal in Vancouver that has these? My only concern is DS going back to 1st grade and telling his class that he ate a beavertail!

Okay, the name of this thread really got my attention! I thought, "this is something DH would love!" but as it turns out, it would be me and DS who would love the beavertails you talk about. Is there any place near the cruise terminal in Vancouver that has these? My only concern is DS going back to 1st grade and telling his class that he ate a beavertail!

Personally I couldn't eat the tail of Our famous animal :D

but if you must..yes there are places around Vancouver. Gas town just down the way two blocks or so and Granville Island come to mind. If you must that is!!!!!!!

http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/?p=565

http://www.travelpost.com/photo-large.aspx?imid=77315

BeaverTails is a brand name, see http://www.beavertailsinc.com/en/history.html for more information including store locations.

Apparently the pastry was at one time sold at Walt Disney World. Judging by the number of names on the petition to bring them back, http://www.petitiononline.com/BVRTL/petition.html, few people miss them, or at least knew they were being sold.

Traditionalists should check out http://bertc.com/frdbeavtail.htm :D.

darn leftcoast! why didn't you meet me at the pan pacific in september and drag me to gastown for beavertails...you mean I MISSED THEM???!!!

call the RCMP and have them smack me..... i can't believe i walked my a@@ all over 'couver and missed my beaver tail fix. and i am 1/4 french canadian. y'all are gonna run me out of town.

attention all beaver tail makers in montreal....PLEASE be open 12 jan-17 jan..ok???? heck 13 jan to 16 jan is good enough. the 12th and the 17th are travel by amtrak days.

happy christmas and merry new year!

darn leftcoast! why didn't you meet me at the pan pacific in september and drag me to gastown for beavertails...you mean I MISSED THEM???!!!

call the RCMP and have them smack me......

The boys in Red have enough on their hands right now....and to top it all off their new Boss....is a woman :D

I last spotted an edible "Beavertail" on Saltspring island at the Saturdaymarket

merry xmas to u and good luck in Montreal. The Big O is now paid off lol

Archived