TRIP ASSURED travel insurance banned

Cruisechik

Summary of what has been posted on RCCI board about this topic:

TRIP ASSURED travel insurance banned

Cruisechik: FYI, I came across this on another thread. I had previously used this company on the advice of my (ex) TA, so I thought I'd help get the word out to others. http://www.claimsguides.com/news/sou...9/10/72257.htm

Crusinmama06: I had Trip Assured on my Disney cruise and it was AWFUL dealing with them. My daughter had a medical emergency onboard and I got so frustrated dealing with trip assured that I just stopped and took it as a loss.

Ccxnola: This 'travel insurance' was offered as an incentive / bonus to transfer my RCCL reservation to Cruise Vacation Outlet.

CruisinKayD: Did you file a complaint with State of Tennessee Consumer Affairs Office? Also file one in your state. Also keep after your TA that talked you into buying it. Read the most recent article: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? The company told Tennessee Officials that they DO NOT SELL travel insurance but their website sure looks like it does. Look at their website – what do you think they’re doing?

BE CAREFUL: Nothing on their website saying that they CANNOT SELL in TX, TN, NC, MI etc. They are still in business!!

Beachchick: My mom is going on a trip this fall (I should say "another trip" because she's often traveling somewhere). The tour company was offering insurance and I think it was Trip Assured. She asked me to do price and coverage comparisons with the companies we've used before. Fortunately, the prices were about the same so we went with a company we've used numerous times and with whom we've had claims that went smoothly.

Smeyer418: I know that I prefer getting insurance from a company licensed to do business in the state I live for a number of reasons. Unfortunately at times I have purchased insurance from companies not licensed here(like LLoyd's of London). Of course this is insurance. He won't win that one. Some states are more lax than others and will allow non licensed insurance companies to issue a policy.

FrankM: I always get my own insurance so I decline the TA offer for the FREE Trip Assured. I inquired about this insurance on these boards 2 years ago and was told...be careful. Looks to be the truth. Would rather pick a company listed on Insuremytrip and know it's a reputable company.

Trip Assured has been banned in four states, Tennessee, North Carolina, Michigan and Texas. If you have been victimized by Trip Assured or you have a client that has been, please file a complaint with your state insurance department. States cannot issue cease and desist orders unless there is a complaint on file. Because four states have already issued these orders, the process will move quickly. Unfortunately, the company can still sell it's bogus product in 46 states. Some victims have also been threatened by the president of the company. If you have been threatened with a lawsuit or in any other way, please report this to the Nashville FBI office.

Archived