Have you been looking for that "little black dress"?

Rebel

If you have like me been searching for what seems like ages for the perfect little black dress that doesn't expose upper arms ( I've got the batwing problem :) ), is very versatile and doesn't cost a fortune, have I got a dress for you.

This last weekend I found it! At Ann Taylor loft and it's only $79. You can see it on their website ( I can never do the link thingy ) at http://www.anntaylorloft.com, click on "apparel", then "dresses". It's the very first dress shown (wrap top dress). You can also find it in Petites, which is what I bought even though I'm in no way skinny but have a very short torso.

I'm just thrilled with this find! You can glam it up with accessories for semi-formal or dress it down for more a more casual look. And it's an easy care fabric.

The icing on the cake is that they have a promotion in which you earn a $25 gift card for every $50 you spend. Between the dress and a blouse I bought that was on sale, I spent $119 and got two $25 gift cards. I saw a purse and a pair of shoes there I wouldn't mind having :)

Hi Rebel!

What a coincidence... I was there last Thursday and the dress caught my eye so I tried it on. It was very flattering and forgiving to my petite 12 frame (kinda short and wide :) ) . It has a great neckline for jewelry so you are right on about being able to glam it up. I don't usually buy full price but finding the 12P is unusual so I just snapped it up and got the gift card too! I agree that this will be one very versatile dress that will get lots of mileage!

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to post you dress and "find"... it DOES seem like a great,versatile dress!

Wear it in happiness!

Coincidentally, I will going downtown Chicago this Friday with DH for my birthday.One of myfavorite restaurants, The Grand Lux Cafe, just so happens to be near Ann Taylor on Michigan Ave.

Maybe I will pop in..:rolleyes:

Thanks!

( We all know how badly I need another dress:rolleyes: :D )

Thanks for letting me know! That is a great dress and I will have to pick me up one! I worked part-time at Ann Taylor Loft and took a temporary leave for the summer and one of my friends said to me the other day, that dress is by far the most popular and is soooo comfortable! I will go back to work around Christmastime! Lots more shopping for me to do!!!

I just couldn't resist sharing my find with anyone who might be interested. I've been looking for the iconic "little black dress" for ages! I was to the point where I would have paid just about anything, so it was a real bonus to find the perfect dress at a reasonable price.

I also found lots of other items at Ann Taylor Loft that I just adored and they were all reasonably priced. I will be putting my gift cards to good use.

I'm an Ann Fan now!

Lynn

Archived